BBC iPlayer is the best free streaming service that offers all the BBC networks for free. First, you need to create a free BBC account. Then, you can use the account to sign in to the BBC iPlaye to access all the BBC networks for free. But the only problem is that the BBC iPlayer does not support VPN. So, connecting to a VPN is why the BBC IPlayer is not working on your Firestick.
You all must note that BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK. So, no one outside the UK could access the BBC iPlayer. But if you are residing in the UK and could not access the BBC iPlayer, you should want to fix that issue. So, to fix the BBC iPlayer not working on your Firestick issue, you can read below.
Why is BBC iPlayer Now Working on Firestick?
Here are some of the common factors that might stop the function of BBC iPlayer on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
- Poor internet connection.
- Junk of cache files on Firestick or in the BBC iPlayer app.
- Outdated Firestick version.
- Insufficient device storage.
- Lack of update in the BBC iPlayer app.
- Server issues.
How to Fix the BBC iPlayer Not Working Issue on Firestick
You can find the fix for the BBC iPlayer on your Firestick below.
1. Disconnect the VPN
You should know already that the BBC iPlayer doesn’t support VPN. So, you should disconnect the VPN when you have mistakenly connected to it to avoid the not working issue. So, consider disconnecting the VPN on your Firestick being the first step to fix the BBC iPlayer not working issue. If you haven’t connected to a VPN and still the BBC iPlayer app is acting weird, you can refer to this article further below.
2. Check the Servers
If the BBC iPlayer app keeps crashing, you should find out what the problem is. So, take the initiative by checking the servers of the BBC iPlayer. You can check the servers of the BBC iPlayer by using third-party websites like the Downdetector. If you find out that there are no issues with the server, you can contact customer support or read below the article to find the fix.
3. Update the BBC iPlayer app
There are possibilities that by updating the BBC iPlayer app to the latest version, you can fix the not working issue. So, update BBC iPlayer on Firestick by following the steps below.
1. Select the Applications icon from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Then, select the BBC iPlayer app from the list of available apps.
3. Press the Home button on your Firestick remote and select the More Info button.
4. If an update is available, select the Update button.
5. Then, the BBC iPlayer app will be updated.
6. After updating BBC iPlayer, you can open the app and check if it is working or not.
4. Update your Firestick
Everyone loves to update their device’s firmware to the latest version because of the security and add-on features. So, you can also update your Firestick device and get these features and start running the BBC iPlayer.
1. Open the Settings on the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Select My Fire TV. Next, choose About.
3. Now, select Check for Updates.
4. If an update is found, automatically, the update will start to download.
5. After downloading the update, select Install Update.
6. Then, the latest update will start to install on your Firestick device.
7. Now, you have successfully updated your Firestick to the latest firmware.
8. You are now open to checking the status of the BBC iPlayer app.
5. Clear the BBC iPlayer Cache and Data
The BBC iPlayer on your Firestick device may have slowed down because of the Cache and data stored on it. So, that’s the reason why the BBC iPlayer is not working. So, try removing the app data and Cache of BBC iPlayer.
1. Select Settings on the home screen of your Fire TV and choose Applications.
2. Then, select Manage Installed Applications and select the BBC iPlayer app.
3. Next, choose Clear data. Then, the data of BBC iPlayer will be cleared.
4. Further select Clear Cache. Now, the Cache stored by BBC iPlayer will be removed.
5. Atlast, open the BBC iPlayer and log in to your account to stream on it.
6. Reinstall BBC iPlayer
Uninstall the BBC iPlayer by selecting Settings > Applications > Manage Installed apps > BBC iPlayer > Uninstall. Then, follow the steps below to reinstall BBC iPlayer on your Firestick.
1. Select the Find tab from the home screen.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Search for the BBC iPlayer app and choose it from the search result.
4. Select the Get or Download button.
5. Now, the BBC iPlayer will start to download and be installed automatically.
6. This is the latest trick you can use to start making the BBC iPlayer work again.
Note: These similar fixes will also help you to Fix Hulu if it is not working on Firestick
7. Reset your Firestick
If none of the above-mentioned techniques fix BBC iPlayer keeps stopping issues, you can try resetting your Firestick as the Final step. By testing your Fire TV, it will return to its factory settings, cleaning all the bugs, corrupted files, etc that har your Firestick.
1. Click on the Settings option on the home screen of the Fire TV device.
2. Select the My Fire TV option.
3. Now, select About and then click on Check for Updates.
4. If you see any update, click on it and select the Install Update option.
8. BBC iPlayer Alternatives
If the BBC iPlayer didn’t work, even after resetting the device, or your dont want to reset your Firestick, then you can install the best alternative for BBC iPlayer.
Similarly, If Filelinked is not working on Firestick, you can check out its alternatives like Applinked, etc.
It is unfortunate that the BBC iPlayer is not working on your Firestick. So, if you are found to be in that situation, you can use the fixes you have learned in this article. Also, you don’t have to think so hard because you can fix the BBC iPlayer not working issue within minutes by applying the tricks you have learned from this article.
Yes, you can easily fix the BBC iPlayer app not loading issues.
You can stream BBC iPlayer USA or anywhere outside the UK using a VPN.
You can fix Amazon Fire TV Stick not working issues by following the basic troubleshooting techniques like restarting Firestick, updating the latest Firmware, and resetting the device.