Firestick lets you stream different apps and videos unlimited on your Smart TV. However, sometimes, it may inject with temporary bugs and performance issues. As a result, you will get interrupted while streaming the content. To fix this issue, Firestick has the default reset option. In this article, you can find out when the Firestick needs a reset and how to reset Firestick in different ways.
When Should I Reset Firestick
You can reset your Firestick for many purposes to fix unsolvable issues. Here we have listed some reasons why a Firestick requires a factory reset.
- In some cases, Firestick may run out of storage space if too many apps have stored on your device. Besides clearing the cache on Firestick, resetting would be very helpful.
- When Fire TV Stick is frozen or black screen and not responding to remote controls, it is better to reset the device rather than unplug and plug it back.
- If Firestick has issues connecting to a WIFI network, you won’t be able to use any streaming services. So, you can reset the Firestick to fix the network connectivity issue.
- At times, the Firestick may get stuck in the reboot loop and restarts repeatedly, which will make you feel so annoyed. To fix this, reset your Firestick to stop the booting process.
How to Reset Firestick With Remote
The following are the easy ways to reset Firestick to factory settings.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
- Using Settings on Firestick
- Using the Fire TV Stick Remote
How to Reset Firestick Using Settings
1. Turn On your Firestick and press the Home button on the Firestick remote.
2. Click the Settings icon in the right corner and select My Fire TV.
3. Scroll down and select the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
4. Enter the PIN to begin the reset [if prompted].
5. Finally, click the Reset button to bring your Firestick to its Factory Defaults.
Note: Your device will restart automatically as soon as the resetting is completed.
How to Reset Firestick Using the Fire TV Remote
Before getting into the steps, ensure to pair your Firestick remote with the device.
1. Turn On your Firestick-connected TV and fetch the Fire remote.
2. Point the remote toward your TV and press the Back & Right arrow button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
Note: Now, you can see a popup regarding Factory Reset on your Fire TV or Firestick-connected TV.
3. Hit the Reset button to initiate the Factory Reset process on your TV.
How to Reset Firestick Without Remote
If the Firestick remote is not working, you can use the Amazon Fire TV app as a virtual remote. Alternatively, you can connect a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse to control your device to reset your Firestick without a physical remote.
How to Reset Firestick Using the Amazon Fire TV app
2. Connect your Firestick to WIFI which should be the same as your smartphone.
3. Open the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone and sign in with your Amazon account.
4. Now, select your Firestick from the available devices.
5. Enter the 4-digit code displayed on the TV screen to pair.
Once paired, you can use the remote interface to navigate to Settings → My Fire TV → Reset to Factory Defaults → Enter the PIN → Click Reset.
How to Reset Firestick Using a Bluetooth Mouse or Keyboard
You can also use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse to control your Firestick. Once you have connected your FIrestick with the Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, you can start the process of resetting Firestick.
1. Click the Settings icon from the home screen of Firestick.
2. Select the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices tile from the list of options.
3. Hit the Other Bluetooth Devices option and click Add Bluetooth Devices.
4. Turn on the pairing mode on your Bluetooth keyboard or mouse.
5. Select your BT device from the list of active devices.
6. Once connected, navigate to My Fire TV and select the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
7. Finally, enter the PIN and click the Reset option to reset your Firestick.
How to Control Firestick Without Fire TV Remote
If your Android TV remote works with HDMI-CEC, you can easily control your Firestick by using your TV remote. Once you have enabled this feature, you can control HDMI-connected devices on your TV using your TV remote, including Firestick.
1. Turn on your Smart TV and check for HDMI-CEC compatibility.
2. If your TV is compatible with the HDMI-CEC feature, ensure to enable it.
3. At this point, disconnect your Firestick from your TV and reconnect it after a few minutes.
4. Now, you can use your TV remote to control your Firestick.
5. Finally, use the TV remote to reset your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can reset my Firestick without a remote
Resetting a Firestick will remove all the downloaded apps, erases the cache of all apps, and removes the account information, including in-app purchases.