Firestick is an extraordinary streaming device that has been the choice of many who don’t want to rely on their cable tv. It has efficiently cut down the cord and made streaming contents simple. Pairing the Firestick isn’t a difficult task even if you are new to Amazon Firestick. Without pairing the Firestick remote, you cannot switch between channels, or use anything on Fire TV Stick. Pairing a Firestick remote falls into two types. The first one is pairing a new remote to Firestick and the next thing is pairing a replacement remote. By default, you can pair up to seven remotes to your Fire TV device all at once. At times, there may be troubles in pairing the remote with Fire TV. This article clearly explains how to pair your new remote or the replacement remote with the Firestick.
Pairing a Firestick Remote
As said, pairing Firestick Remote falls into different categories. It includes
- Pairing a New Remote to Firestick
- Pairing a Replacement Remote to Firestick
Read also: Amazon Fire TV Vs Fire Stick
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Pairing a New Remote to Firestick
Pairing a new Firestick remote that comes with your Fire TV is easy and it takes place automatically as soon you insert the batteries when you
1. At first, connect your Firestick to the TV through the HDMI port present at the backside of your TV.
2. Turn ON the TV. Press the Source button from your TV until it chooses the HDMI port that the Firestick is connected with. Or select it manually. Now you should see the home screen of Amazon Firestick.
3. Press and hold the Home button (marked with a home icon) for 10 seconds. The remote will pair with the Fire TV automatically. As soon as the remote connects to the Firestick, you will see a message saying New Remote Connected.
4. If it doesn’t work, try again by moving closer to the firestick. Try this process a few times until the remote connects to your Firestick. It will initiate the pairing routine of the remote and then signals the Fire Stick to add it as the active device.
Pairing a Replacement Remote to Fire TV Stick
When the remote that came with the Firestick is lost or damaged, you can pair a new or additional remote with Firestick. Pairing a replacement remote is simple as pairing your original Firestick remote. And you don’t need any additional app or tool to do this. Simply follow the guidelines from below to pair a replacement remote to Firestick.
1. To add a replacement remote, go to Settings on your Fire TV.
2. Open the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices option.
3. Select the
4. Now press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds on your replacement remote.
5. Once the new remote is discovered, it will be displayed on the screen. You may use one of the remotes that are paired already or the Amazon Fire TV app to select the new remote.
Ways To Fix Firestick Remote connectivity Issue
Paring the remote with Firestick is so simple. But you may face difficulties rarely. In such cases, you have to troubleshoot the problem and fix it to effortlessly pair your remote with Firestick.
1. It is important to use your remote from a ten feet distance. Make sure there are no other signals that disturb your Fire TV remote signals. If there is any, try removing them.
2. Make sure all the accessories are perfectly connected.
3. When there are more than seven devices paired with your Firestick, you will not be able to pair new devices. In such a case, check for the paired devices and remove those that you no longer use.
4. When all of them fails, then simply turn off and turn on your device. Remove the power cord from the backside of your Fire device and connect it again. This will initiate the pairing process once again.
- How To Update Firestick?
- How To Install Apps on Firestick?
- How To Reset Amazon Firestick / Fire TV Stick?
Hope you have successfully paired your remote with Firestick.