The Firestick remote is one of the reliable remote controls. you may experience issues with your Firestick remote. In that case, you need to reset your Firestick remote to resolve the issues for happy streaming. There are seven types of Firestick remotes available. The resetting process will depend on your Firestick remote model.
How to Identify Firestick Remote Model
Based on the button’s availability, you can easily identify the remote. Check the below table to find your remote models.
|Remote Name||Image||Key Feature|
|Basic Remote||D-pad with six buttons only|
|Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen)||Mic button without volume controls|
|Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen)||Mic button with volume controls|
|Alexa Voice Remote (3rd Gen)||Mic button with volume controls and app buttons|
|Alexa Voice Remote Lite||Mic and Live TV button|
|Fire TV Remote||Search button|
|Soundbar Remote||Settings button|
How to Reset Firestick Remote Basic Edition
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote control.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
2. Press the Menu button three times while holding the Home button.
3. Remove your finger from the Home button and press the Menu button nine times.
4. Take out the batteries from the remote and disconnect your Firestick. The remote will be reset.
5. After a minute, insert the batteries into your remote.
6. Now, press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote till the home screen appears.
How to Reset Alexa Voice Remote 1st Gen
1. Disconnect your Firestick from your TV and wait for some time.
2. Hold the Left and Menu buttons on your Firestick remote simultaneously and release the button after 12 seconds.
3. This will reset the remote.
4. Now, remove the batteries from your remote and keep the remote idle for more than 10 seconds.
5. After that, put the batteries back into the Firestick remote.
6. Now, press the Home button on Firestick remote control to pair the remote with your Firestick.
How to Reset Alexa Voice Remote [Volume and Power Buttons]
1. Disconnect your Firestick device from your TV and wait for a minute.
2. Next, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons on the remote simultaneously for 12 seconds.
3. With that, the remote will be reset.
4. Remove the batteries from the remote to drain the residual power.
5. Put back the batteries in your remote and press the Home button.
Using these five steps, you can also reset the Alexa Remote Lite, Alexa Voice Remote (without Power and Volume buttons), Fire TV remotes, and soundbar remotes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, when you reset the Firestick or Fire TV remote, the remote will be unpaired. You have to pair it again manually.