The Firestick remote is one of the reliable remote controls. When there are issues with your Firestick remote, it may not work fine, and can be difficult to control the device. The most common issue of Firestick is when it undergoes internal glitches or pairing issues. If you have undergone troubleshooting methods, and nothing works, you can reset Firestick remote.
Resetting the Firestick remote makes it fresh and it helps resolve temporary glitches right away. As the Firestick remote has various models, the reset process will depend on your remote model. In this article, we have briefed the resetting steps for every Firestick remote model. Follow the below-guided steps and fix the problems.
How to Identify Firestick Remote Model
Based on the button’s availability, you can easily identify the remote. Check the below table to find your remote models.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
|Remote Name||Image||Key Feature|
|Basic Remote||D-pad with six buttons only|
|Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen)||Mic button without volume controls|
|Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen)||Mic button with volume controls|
|Alexa Voice Remote (3rd Gen)||Mic button with volume controls and app buttons|
|Alexa Voice Remote Lite||Mic and Live TV button|
|Fire TV Remote||Search button|
|Soundbar Remote||Settings button|
How to Reset Firestick Remote Basic Edition
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote control.
2. Press the Menu button three times while holding the Home button.
3. Remove your finger from the Home button and press the Menu button nine times.
4. Take out the batteries from the remote and disconnect your Firestick. The remote will be reset.
5. After a minute, insert the batteries into your remote.
6. Now, press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote till the home screen appears.
How to Reset Firestick Remote 1st and 2nd Generation
The 1st and 2nd generation remote includes Alexa Voice Remote, Fire TV remote, and Firestick Remote Lite.
1. Disconnect your Firestick from your TV and wait for some time.
2. Hold the Left and Menu buttons on your Firestick remote simultaneously and release the button after 12 seconds.
3. This will reset the remote.
4. Now, remove the batteries from your remote and keep the remote idle for more than 10 seconds.
5. After that, put the batteries back into the Firestick remote.
6. Power on your Firestick device once you connect to the TV.
7. Now, press the Home button on the Firestick remote control to pair the remote with your Firestick.
How to Reset Alexa Voice Remote Pro / 2nd / 3rd Generation
1. Turn off your Firestick. Disconnect it from your TV and wait for a minute.
2. Next, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons on the remote simultaneously for 12 seconds.
3. With that, the remote will be reset.
4. Remove the batteries from the remote to drain the residual power.
5. Put back the batteries in your remote and press the Home button.
Using these five steps, you can also reset the Alexa Remote Lite, Alexa Voice Remote (without Power and Volume buttons), Fire TV remotes, and soundbar remotes.
Yes, when you reset the Firestick or Fire TV remote, the remote will be unpaired. You have to pair it again manually.
Yes, you can reset the Firestick to factory settings without using the remote.