Amazon Firestick is a multimedia streaming device that can make your ordinary TVs or Monitors into a smart streaming device within a few minutes. All you need to do is to plug in the device to an HDMI port and you can start using Firestick apps to watch any of your favorite channels and movies. Most of the apps in the Amazon app store work on Firestick. Some popular apps are Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Sling TV, and almost all the TV streaming apps are compatible and available officially in the Firestick apps store. But many users complain that their Firestick gets frozen and here we give you the tips and tricks on how to fix such issues by yourself without walking into the service center.
Firestick Frozen at Start-up
‘Firestick not booting up and stuck at the logo screen’ is the basic issue that many users get when they turn on the Firestick. This is because you have not used the device for a long time.
1. Unplug the device from the HDMI port and wait for a minimum of two minutes. Then turn on your Firestick-connected TV and then plug in the Firestick device.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
2. Use only the official USB accessories provided along with the Firestick as many other accessories might also cause the device boot-up process.
3. Make sure the HDMI cable is of high quality and high speed as many cables don’t have enough power and speed that the Firestick device requires to transfer data.
Firestick Remote Frozen and not Working
With the help of remote, you can perform all the navigations and operations in the Firestick. what to do if your remote gets frozen?
1. Make sure to check your remote battery is in working condition. If not change the batteries and try again.
2. Use the official Amazon remote application from the Play Store and App Store to operate the Firestick device. Just download and install the app from the play store or app store on your smartphone. Then navigate to Settings-> My FireTV-> Restart in the smartphone app.
Firestick gets Frozen more often
If your Firestick gets frozen more often while using any apps, then you can either clear the cache or reset your Firestick device using the below steps.
How to Clear Cache of any Apps on Firestick
1. Go to Firestick settings and select Applications.
2. Tap Manage Installed Applications and select the app that causes hanging problems.
3. Click Clear cache and select Yes in the popup.
See our detailed guide on how to clear cache on Firestick and other Fire TV devices.
How to Reset Firestick
The Reset Firestick process will erase the entire Firestick apps and data, but it can solve the heating and buffering issues and make your device run smoothly as the new one.
1. Open Firestick settings and select My Fire TV.
2. Click Reset to Factory Defaults and tap Reset in the popup.
3. It might take several minutes to reset the device and don’t power off until the reset process is complete.
Finally, we hope that you have fixed the Firestick frozen issues by using any of the above tutorials. The above are the possible issues and solutions to fix the issues in the Frontend. If you still facing errors then you need to take the Firestick device to the service center and check whether it has any manufacturing defects or not.