If you want to update yourself with all the sports events, CBS Sports is a must-have app for you. With the CBS Sports app on your Firestick, you can live stream sports events from NFL, SEC Football, UEFA League, PGA Championship, WNBA, and more. By activating the CBS Sports app with your TV provider, you can stream all the live TV channels and on-demand content without any additional charges. The CBS Sports app is officially available on the Amazon App Store.
Note – The following installation guide is also applicable to the Smart TVs running on Fire OS.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
How to Subscribe to CBS Sports
CBS Sports is not offering any standalone subscriptions. You have to use any of the live TV providers like Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, Paramount Plus, or YouTube TV. Before getting into the steps, make sure that you have an active subscription to any of these live TV platforms.
How to Watch CBS Sports on Firestick
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect it to a standard internet connection.
2. On the home screen, navigate to the Find → Search menu.
3. Search for CBS Sports with the help of a keyboard displayed on the screen. You can also use the Alexa voice assistant support if it is compatible with your device.
4. Select the app and tap on the Get or Download icon.
5. Wait for the CBS Sports to install on Firestick and click on the Open icon once it is installed.
Activate CBS Sports on Firestick
1. Launch the CBS Sports and tap on the Log in option to get an activation code will be displayed.
2. Note it down and visit the CBS Sports activation website (https://www.cbssports.com/firetv/)
3. Enter the activation code and hit the Next button. If asked, enter your account credentials to proceed further.
4. After that, the CBS Sports app will be activated on your Firestick, and you can start to watch your favorite video content.
How to Watch CBS Sports on Firestick Using Silk Browser
CBS Sports is also accessible through the web version. Since Firestick supports Silk Browser natively, you can use it to watch the web version of CBS Sports.
1. Launch the Silk Browser and head to the URL bar.
Note: If you haven’t installed the browser yet, install the Silk Browser of Firestick with the help of our guide.
2. Enter the official website of CBS Sports (www.cbssports.com/) on the search bar and hit OK.
3. Once the website appears on your screen, enter the required login credentials (username/email id and password).
4. After signing in, you can stream the required content with ease.
How to Watch CBS Sports on Firestick Outside the USA
If CBS Sports is not available in your location due to geo-restriction, you can sideload the apk file by using the Downloader app. Downloader is a simple tool that lets you install apps that aren’t available on Firestick.
1. Initially, install the Downloader app on Firestick. Move to the next step if you have already installed the Downloader app.
2. Return to the Firestick home page and enable the unknown source setting for the Downloader app. Without enabling this setting, you can’t sideload apps on Firestick via the Downloader app.
Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left panel.
4. Enter the URL of the CBS Sports apk and hit the Go button.
5. Wait for the CBS Sports apk file to download and then tap the Install button.
6. After installing the app, return to the home page and launch a VPN that you have installed on Firestick.
7. Connect to the server location where CBS Sports is accessible and then launch the CBS Sports app.
8. Sign in with the required username/email id and password.
9. After signing in, watch the content you want.
How to Fix CBS Sports Not Working on Firestick
If you had issues while using CBS Sports on Firestick, use the following troubleshooting steps before approaching the support center.
- Check whether your Firestick possesses enough internet connection.
- Clear the cache files on Firestick and remove all the CBS Sports app data on Firestick.
- Clear the Cache memory and of [app name] on Firestick.
- Uninstall and reinstall the [app name] on your device.
- Reboot your Firestick and fix the temporary issues.
- Make sure to update your Fire TV Stick to the latest version.
- If the issue is with your device, factory reset your Firestick to the default settings.
- Contact the CBS Sports support center for additional support.
Yes, using your existing live or cable TV provider, you can watch CBS Sports for free.