YouTube TV is one of the online streaming platforms which lets you stream live TV and on-demand media content on your device. It is owned by YouTube and available only for US residents. With the help of a web browser, one can stream all kinds of YouTube TV content easily. Along with live streaming, you can record and save your favorite videos in the cloud-DVR library. YouTube TV is compatible with multiple streaming devices that, include Firestick. So the installation of YouTube for Fire TV is straightforward.
Youtube TV Subscription Plans
YouTube TV is a susbcription based streaming platform. You can go to the YouTube TV website to subscribe to their plans.
- Base Plan: $64.99/month
Note: Limited Period Offer- $54.99 for first 3 months. New users only.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
- Spanish Plan: $34.99/month
Note: Limited Period Offer- $24.99 for first 6 months. New users only.
Additional add-ons like AMC Premiere ($5/mo), Showtime ($7/mo), Shudder ($5/mo), Starz ($9/mo), and much more can be purchased by paying an extra fee.
Features of YouTube TV
- Cable-free TV. One of the best cord-cutting options.
- Stream live TV channels from popular networks like ESPN, ABC, FOX, AMC, CBS, NBC, CNN, TBS, and Discovery.
- It offers a cloud-based DVR service with unlimited storage to record your favorite media content.
- Stream YouTube Premium original movies and shows on your Firestick with ease.
- Just enter your Zip code on the website to check out the channels available in your region.
- More than 85 networks are available on Youtube TV.
- 3 streams and 6 accounts to share with your household.
- No long-term contracts or hidden fees, and they can be canceled anytime.
- Users can get additional networks and channels through add-ons.
- 4K Plus Add-On can stream 4k videos with unlimited streams and record and watch offline features.
- 28+ Spanish networks of live sports, telenovelas shows, and more.
How to Download YouTube TV on Firestick
In December 2017, Google removed YouTube and its related apps from the Amazon store due to certain issues with Amazon. Similarly, Amazon has removed the Chromecast support on the Prime video app. After a few months of disagreement, both tech giants have come to good terms, and Google applications like YouTube are officially available for Firestick. Similarly, YouTube TV and YouTube Kids have also been released for Firestick/Fire TV.
1. On your Firestick Home screen, click Find and select the Search option.
2. Type Youtube TV and click Search.
3. From the results, click the original Youtube TV app to open its info page.
4. Click the Get or Download icon to install it on Firestick.
5. Finally, click Open to launch the app.
6. Click Sign in if you are already a user. Else click Try it Free and choose one of its subscription plans.
How to Sideload Youtube TV on Firestick
If you cannot find Youtube TV on your Firestick App Store, it means YouTube is unable to be in your region due to geo-restriction. In that case, you will need to sideload and install Youtube TV on your Firestick. To sideload any third-party apps on Firestick, the Downloader app and ES File Explorer are the best apps for the process.
1. Download the Downloader app or ES File Explorer on Firestick.
2. Navigate to Settings >> Choose My Fire TV >> Choose Developer options >> ADB Debugging and turn it ON.
3. Go back to Developer Options >> Select Install unknown apps >> Choose the Downloader app or ES File Explorer and turn it ON.
How to Get YouTube TV on Firestick using Downloader
A downloader is a popular tool that you can use to sideload android apps on Firestick. You can download this app directly from the inbuilt Amazon store.
1. Open the Downloader app from the Apps section.
If you haven’t installed the downloader app, check out how to install the downloader app.
2. Select the search bar on the home screen.
3. Enter the URL http://bit.ly/2ToUkBb. After entering the URL, click on the Go button.
4. The URL will direct you to the downloading page of the third-party website.
5. Scroll down and click Download Apk.
6. Wait for the YouTube TV installer (.apk) file to download.
7. Once downloaded, click INSTALL on the tab displayed on the screen.
8. Wait for YouTube TV installed notification on the screen.
9. After installation, click DONE.
10. Select the Delete option in the following two prompts to delete the .apk file.
How to Downloader YouTube TV on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is another popular app used to sideload Android apps. Like the downloader, ES File Explorer is easily downloadable from the inbuilt store.
1. Go to the Apps section and open ES File Explorer.
2. Click Tools >> Download Manager from the menu on the left-hand side.
3. Click on the +New icon from the bottom tab.
4. In the Path field, enter the URL, and in the Name field, enter Youtube TV. Click Download Now.
5. After downloading the installer file, click Open file >> Install.
6. Again, click INSTALL on the installer screen.
7. Wait for the YouTube TV app installed notification on the screen.
8. Once installed, click DONE.
How to Access YouTube TV using Silk Browser
Instead of downloading the dedicated application, users can also use a web browser on their Firestick to access YouTube TV.
1. Open the Silk browser or any other web browser available on your Firestick.
2. On the URL box, type https://tv.youtube.com/.
3. Sign in with your Google account credentials.
4. Start watching YouTube TV content without any fuss.
How to Cast YouTube TV on Firestick
Users can also directly cast Youtube TV from their smartphone to the Firestick
1. Download the Youtube TV app from the Google Play Store.
2. Make sure your Firestick and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. On your Firestick, go to Settings >> Display & Sounds and select Enable Display Mirroring option.
4. Now, open the YouTube app on your smartphone and log in to your Google Account.
5. Now select the cast option on the tab at the top.
6. Select your Firestick from the list.
7. Now start watching any content, and it will stream on your Firestick.
With the help of this guide, you can stream nearly 70+ Live TV channels on different genres like sports, news, movies, and more. The cloud-based DVR library lets you watch recordings for 9-months.
Go to tv.youtube.com, and sign in to your account. Click on your profile in the top right corner. Select Settings >> Membership >> CANCEL membership from the drop-down menu.
Youtube TV offers a 10-day free trial.
FuboTV, Sling TV, and Philo TV are some best alternatives for Youtube TV.