Amazon Firestick or Fire TV is an excellent device to stream media content on bigger screens. With a lot of sports apps for Firestick available online, one can stay updated with all kinds of sporting events. Here, we will talk about the Yahoo Sports app. It lets you get real-time scores along with highlights, replays, and news videos. Follow the guide to install the Yahoo Sports app on Firestick/Fire TV and Android TV boxes.
What is Yahoo Sports
Yahoo Sports is a unique streaming app that lets you follow your favorite. You don’t need to purchase any subscription package. Instead, you can access the app with the help of a Yahoo user account. It covers various sports, including NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, Premier League, FIFA Men’s World Cup, College Football, Tennis, Boxing, WWE, and more. The application will be updated regularly to remove crashes and bugs. Since Amazon Firestick devices run on Android-based OS, the Yahoo Sports app can be accessed easily.
Related: How to install FOX Sports app on Firestick
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Features of Yahoo Sports App
- Choose your favourite teams and get instant updates/personalized news with real-time notifications.
- Stream live events of NFL, NBA and MLB along with the highlight videos without any subscription.
- Stream Champions League, Bundesliga, PGA, LPGA, PGA Champions, NASCAR Xfinity, IndyCar, NASCAR Sprint, Formula 1, Men’s Tennis, Women’s Tennis and much more from the comfort of your couch.
- Download the Yahoo Sports app to receive exclusive contents from writers like Jeff Passan and Dan Wetzel.
How to Download and Install Yahoo Sports on Firestick
Yahoo Sports is officially not available on the Amazon store. You must use the sideloading method to download this sports app on your Firestick. To sideload android apps, Apps from unknown sources setting must be enabled on your Firestick. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable that setting:
1. Open the Settings on your Firestick.
2. Click on My Fire TV.
3. Select the Developer Options.
4. Choose the Apps from Unknown Sources option from the list of available options.
5. Now, turn on both ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
Steps to Install Yahoo Sports using Downloader App
You can follow the steps below:
1. Open the Downloader on Firestick.
2. Enter the source URL for Yahoo Sports (https://bit.ly/3vaGwz5) and click the Go button.
3. The APK File of Yahoo Sports will start to download.
4. Wait until the downloader app downloads the Yahoo Sports APK File.
5. Next, click on Open File.
6. From the next pop-up window, click on the Install button.
7. Wait for Yahoo Sports to install.
8. Finally, Click Done after the installation is complete.
Steps to Install Yahoo Sports App on Firestick using ES File Explorer
You can also use the ES File Explorer as an alternative method to sideload the Yahoo Sports app to your Firestick.
1. Open the ES File Explorer on Firestick.
2. Find and select the Downloader from the home screen of the ES File Explorer.
3. Click the +New icon located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Type the URL of the APK File of Yahoo Sports in the Path field (https://bit.ly/3vaGwz5) and tap OK.
5. In the Name field, enter the name of the APK File.
6. Next, click on the Download Now button to download the Yahoo Sports APK on Firestick.
7. Wait for the file to download.
8. After the APK File is downloaded, click the Open File button.
9. Now, click on the Install button to install the Yahoo Sports app.
10. After the Yahoo Sports app is installed, click on the Open button.
11. Sign in with your Yahoo Sports account and watch your favorites live sports on Firestick.
Why Connect to a VPN to watch Yahoo Sports
Yahoo Sports is indeed a safe and secured app but this platform is not available in certain countries. So, you can install the ProtonVPN on Firestick to unblock the geo-restriction.
1. Go to Find > Search from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Then, search for the ProtonVPN using the virtual keyboard.
3. Choose the Proton VPN from the search result.
4. Then, click on the Get or Download button to install ProtonVPN.
5. Then, launch the ProtonVPN app and sign in to your account.
6. Note down the activation code and visit the URL protonvpn.com/tv on any web browser.
7. Sign to your account and enter the activation code. Then, click on Submit.
8. Now, launch the ProtonVPN app choose a VPN server location. Next, click on the Connect button.
9. Now, you have connected to a VPN server.
10. Finally, you can access Yahoo Sports in Geo-restricted areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Yahoo Sports app is not officially available on Fire TV.
Yes, you can use the sideloading method to get Yahoo Sports on Firestick.
Yes, you can watch live sports on Firestick with the Yahoo Sports app.
Yes, Yahoo Sports can be considered as one of the best sports apps for Firestick.
Yahoo Sports is a great app to install on your Firestick. Download this app and get instant updates about your favorite teams. We hope the article will guide you to download this app easily.