MLB (Major League Baseball) is a professional baseball league conducted in the US and Canada. There are several ways available to stream MLB sporting events on different platforms. Here, we will talk about the MLB TV app. It is a dedicated app developed to stream all games of MLB on Smartphones, PS4, PC, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, and more. Here, we will show how to install MLB TV on Firestick along with its features and alternatives.
What is MLB TV
MLB TV is a US-based streaming service that streams MLB live events along with highlights, stats, and replays in HD quality. Before that, you need to purchase the subscription package to stream the videos. It is the best Firestick sports channel to stay updated with the news related to your favorite team or multiple teams. All the games will be streamed at 60fps, and it also has multiple audio options, including Spanish language commentary.
Related: How to watch the NFL on Firestick
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Features on MLB TV on Firestick
- MLB TV has an intuitive interface. Hence, the application is very to navigate and use.
- According to your Internet speed, you can stream the games either in HD quality or SD quality.
- It has an extensive help center to solve the issues while streaming the games.
- It is very easy to check out the division standings and schedule of each team. Just select the team name from the drop-down menu to check out their standings.
How to Install and Watch MLB TV on Firestick
MLB TV is an official application, and Firestick users can download it directly from the Amazon store.
1. Connect your Firestick device to the TV.
2. Navigate to the Find tab and select Search.
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to type and search for MLB TV. You can also use Alexa voice control to search for MLB TV.
4. The search results will appear on the screen. Click the MLB TV app, which comes with the following logo.
5. Click the Get button to download the MLB TV app.
6. Wait for MLB TV to install on your Firestick/Fire TV.
7. Click the Open icon to launch the app.
Alternative Way – Install MLB TV on Firestick
As an alternative way, you can use the sideloading method to install the MLB TV on Firestick.
1. Install the Downloader on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings.
3. Choose My Fire TV from the Settings.
4. Then, select Developer options.
5. From the Developer options, select Install Unknown apps.
6. Now, all the applications you have installed on your Fire TV will be displayed.
7. Choose the Downloader app from the list of installed applications and turn it on.
8. Then, launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left pane.
9. In the URL box, enter the URL of the MLB TV app https://bit.ly/3NvqLcv and click on the Go button.
10. Now, you can see that the MLB TV app download has started.
11. After the MLB TV app download is complete, click on the Install button.
12. Now, the MLB TV app will be installed on your Firestick.
13. After installing, you can select the Open button to launch the MLB TV app.
Steps to Configure MLB TV on Firestick
After you have installed the MLB TV app, launch it. And you must have your login ID to access the MLB TV app. Also, you can use the TV provider account you used to subscribe to MLB TV.
1. Launch the MLB TV app.
2. Enter the email id and password you registered for MLB TV.
3. After successful activation, you will receive the Account activation message on the screen. Tap OK to stream the MLB contents
Other Channels to Stream MLB on Firestick
Along with the MLB TV app, there are certain alternatives available to stream MLB content on Amazon Fire Stick.
1. Sling TV
Sling TV is a great choice to stream MLB events on Firestick devices. It is a subscription-based service that streams many entertainment channels, including sports channels. And with the Sling Blue + Sports Extra package, you can watch the MLB games (live and archived) on Firestick. Also, with the subscription, you will get 42 entertainment channels and 12 sports channels at $46 per month.
Read how to install Sling TV on Firestick
2. PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue is another subscription-based streaming service developed by the Sony network. By purchasing the subscription package ($44.99/month), you can easily stream the MLB network contents. Along with that, you can also stream NFL, NHL, and much more events.
Read how to install PlayStation Vue on Firestick
3. Amazon Prime Video
You already know that Amazon Prime Video offers a lot of live TV channels and a wide variety of movies and TV shows. Even you can watch the Amazon Prime Video originals on the Amazon Prime Video app. And this platform allows you to subscribe to MLB TV separately. But you need an active Amazon Prime Video subscription to do that. Also, the Prime Video subscription will only cost you
Dazn is a platform that is renowned for streaming sports games. And with this platform, you can watch sports like boxing, UEFA Champions League, NFL, and more. Even you can watch the MLB on the Dazn platform. And the only thing you have to do is to subscribe to the Dazn platform on their official website at $19.99 per month.
Related: How to install Dazn on Firestick
5. YouTube TV
YouTube TV is also a renowned streaming service that you can use to watch MLB games. But the one thing you will like is the unlimited DVR feature that you can use to record your favorite shows on YouTube TV to watch later. And you will get the DVR feature with the ESPN channel to watch and record your favorite MLB games. To subscribe to YouTube TV, visit its official website. And the subscription will cost you at least $64.99 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the MLB.TV app to watch the MLN network on Firestick.
Check if you have an active subscription to the MLB TV app or restart the MLB TV app. Then, you can try again.
Yes, MLB TV is free to install and use on Firestick.