MLB (Major League Baseball) is a professional baseball league conducted every year in the US and Canada. It has a dedicated app called MLB TV. MLB TV is one of the best sports apps for Firestick that can be installed directly from the Amazon App Store. With this app, you can access both live and on-demand videos of MLB 2023 leagues. Before installing this app on Firestick, ensure to get an MLB TV subscription.
How to Install MLB TV on Firestick
MLB TV is an official application, and Firestick users can download it directly from the Amazon store.
1. Connect the Firestick to a WiFi network and navigate to the home screen.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
2. Click the Find icon and select the Search bar.
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to type and search for MLB TV. You can also use Alexa voice control to search for MLB TV.
4. The search results will appear on the screen. Click the MLB TV app, which comes with the following logo.
5. Click the Get button to download the MLB TV app.
6. Wait for MLB TV to install on your Firestick/Fire TV.
7. Click the Open icon to launch the app.
How to Get MLB TV on Firestick using Downloader
As an alternative way, you can use the sideloading method to install the MLB TV on Firestick.
1. Install the Downloader on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings.
3. Choose My Fire TV from Settings.
4. Then, select Developer options.
5. From the Developer options, select Install Unknown apps.
6. Now, all the applications you have installed on your Fire TV will be displayed.
7. Choose the Downloader app from the list of installed applications and turn it ON.
8. Then, launch the Downloader app and select the Home tab on the left pane.
9. In the URL box, enter the MLB TV APK link and click on the Go button.
10. Now, you can see that the MLB.TV app download has started.
11. After the MLB TV app download is complete, click on the Install button.
12. Now, the MLB TV app will be installed on your Firestick.
13. After installing, you can select the Open button to launch the MLB TV app.
You can also use ES File Explorer to sideload the MLB.TV app on your Firestick.
How to Activate and Stream MLB on Firestick
1. Launch the MLB TV app after installation.
2. Enter the mail ID and password of your MLB account.
3. After successful activation, you will receive the Account activation message on the screen. Tap OK to live stream all the MLB games on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
Features of MLB.TV
- MLB TV has an intuitive interface. Hence, the application is very easy to navigate and use.
- According to your Internet speed, you can stream the games either in HD quality or SD quality.
- It has an extensive help center to solve the issues while streaming the games.
- It is very easy to check out the division standings and schedule of each team. Just select the team name from the drop-down menu to check out their standings.
- You can also subscribe to a separate team on MLB TV.
Subscription Plans of MLB.TV
You must get a subscription before accessing the content on the MLB TV app. The subscription plans of MLB are listed below. Subscribe to your desired plan on the official MLB website.
- Yearly → $149.99
- Monthly → $24.99
- Single Team → $129.99
Alternate Ways to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Firestick
Along with the MLB TV app, there are certain alternatives available to stream MLB content on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
1. Sling TV
Sling TV is a great choice to stream MLB events on Firestick or Fire TV. It is a subscription-based service that streams many entertainment channels, including sports channels. And with the Sling Blue + Sports Extra package, you can watch the MLB games (live and archived) on Firestick.
2. Amazon Prime Video
You already know that Amazon Prime Video offers a lot of live TV channels and a wide variety of movies and TV shows. This platform allows you to subscribe to MLB TV separately. But you need an active Amazon Prime Video subscription to do that. You can download the Amazon Prime Video app from the Amazon App Store on Firestick.
DAZN is a platform that is renowned for streaming sports games. And with this platform, you can watch sports like boxing, UEFA Champions League, NFL, and more. Even you can watch the MLB on the DAZN platform. And the only thing you have to do is to subscribe to the DAZN platform on their official website.
4. YouTube TV
YouTube TV is also a renowned streaming service that you can use to watch MLB games. But the one thing you will like is the unlimited DVR feature that you can use to record your favorite shows on YouTube TV to watch later. And you will get the DVR feature with the ESPN channel to watch and record your favorite MLB games. To subscribe to YouTube TV, visit its official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the MLB.TV app to watch the MLB network on Firestick.
Check if you have an active subscription to the MLB TV app or restart the MLB TV app. Then, update the app on your Firestick.
Yes, MLB TV is free to install on Firestick. To use it, you need to get a subscription.