ES File Explorer is the best free file manager application for Amazon Firestick devices. It is a full-featured resource manager that can install, manage, and delete applications on your device. As ES File Explorer supports installing third-party apps, it is one of the widely preferred apps by Firestick users. It will let you install apps with ease, and you can also use it as a cloud storage tool. The ES File Explorer app is available on the Firestick App Store, so it can be installed with ease.
Feature of the ES File Explorer
- You can use the ES File Explorer on Firestick to manage your files easily and efficiently, as it manages images, music, movies, documents, and apps.
- It can be used as an alternative to Downloader.
- It will function as an all-in-one file manager, app manager, cloud storage client, and task killer. You can search for files within seconds. With the app manager, you can categorize, uninstall, back up or create shortcuts to the apps easily.
- You can use the ES File Explorer to download and install third-party apps or those not available in the Amazon App Store.
- ES File Explorer comes with built-in ZIP and RAR support, and thus, you can easily compress and decompress ZIP files and unpack RAR files with ease.
- Uninstalling any apps on your Firestick device is made simpler with the ES File Explorer app download. It also deletes those junk files that are using your device’s space unwantedly.
- Get easy access to your local and remote files with the ES File Explorer and manager now from your Firestick devices.
- Find the usage of your device’s space and the remaining space available in the form of a chart with the help of the Storage Analyzer of ES File Explorer.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Firestick
Downloading and installing the ES File Explorer is simpler as it is officially available on the Amazon App Store. So you can download ES File Explorer with one click.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
1. Power on your Amazon Fire Stick and press the Home button on the Firestick remote to load the home screen.
2. Select the Find option on the home screen and select the Search tile
3. Type ES File Explorer using the virtual keyboard and select the same from suggestions.
4. Click on ES File Explorer from the search result.
5. Select the Download or Get option.
6. Wait for the download and installation process of ES File Explorer. You have to click on the Open button when it is done.
How to Sideload Apps with ES File Explorer on Firestick
Sideloading an app using ES File Explorer using the below-mentioned method is one of the popular ways to sideload a third-party app on Firestick.
1. After installing the ES File Explorer, go to Firestick Settings and select My Fire TV.
2. Select the Developer Options.
3. Go to the Install unknown apps section.
4. Click on the ES File Explorer to turn it ON.
5. Now launch the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
6. On the first time of launch, ES File Explorer will ask for permission for access. Click Agree and Allow in the prompts.
7. Click Free Trial and accept the on-screen instructions to start your free trial.
8. Once you land on the ES File Explorer home screen, select the Downloader option.
9. Click + New option from the bottom tab.
10. Select Path and enter the download link and click Next. Select Name and enter a name for the file.
11. Once you enter the path and name, click Download Now to initiate the apk download.
12. Once the download is complete, click Open File and click Install.
13. Click Install to start installing the app.
14. Once the installation is over, click Open or Done.
How to Sideload Apps From Computer using ES File Explorer
An alternate method to sideload apps on Firestick using the ES File Explorer is by using the FTP server method to transfer the apk file from your computer to your Firestick.
1. Go to Firestick Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Turn on ADB Debugging.
2. Open the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
3. On the home screen, scroll down and locate the View on PC.
4. Click Turn On, and you will see an FTP address.
5. Now, on your PC, open a folder, and on the path field, enter the FTP address.
6. On your PC, you will see all the Firestick folders here.
7. Copy and paste the apk file of the app you want to sideload on your Firestick in one of the folders.
8. Go back to ES File Explorer on your Firestick and click Home.
9. Open the folder where you copied the apk file.
10. Open the apk file and click Install.
11. Follow the on-screen instruction and complete the installation.
How to Sideload apps from Cloud using ES File Explorer
1. Open the ES File Explorer.
2. On the ES File Explorer home screen, select Cloud Drive.
3. If you want to use Google Drive, click the Login into Google Drive option. For any other cloud drive, click Log in with other cloud drive.
4. Choose the cloud drive you want to use.
5. Sign in to the cloud drive using your login credentials.
6. Now, go back to the home screen of File Explorer and click on Network from the left pane and select Cloud Drive.
7. Here, you will see the drive that you have signed in.
8. Open the drive and open the apk file.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the app.
How to Uninstall Apps using ES File Explorer
Besides installing third-party apps, you can use ES File Explorer to delete or uninstall apps from Amazon devices with ease. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall apps using ES File Explorer.
1. Turn on your Firestick and go to ES File Explorer’s main menu.
2. Click on the App icon from the list of options.
3. Just long-press on an app that you want to remove using your Firestick remote. If you want to delete multiple apps, then select them.
4. Now scroll down to find Uninstall option and click on it. With this, the apps you selected will be removed from your Firestick instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The app itself is free to download but use the app. You have to subscribe to ES File Explorer every month for $9.99.
Downloader and Xplore are other sideloading tools available for Firestick to sideload third-party apps.