When you complete setting up your Firestick, you can start installing apps. Like your smartphone, you can download and install the desired apps officially on your Firestick from the Amazon App Store. Moreover, Firestick gives liberty to users to sideload third-party apps on the devices using alternative methods.
Apart from installing apps, there are certain premium apps pre-installed on Fire Stick. You can those apps straight away by signing in with the appropriate credentials.
In this article, we have guided you through the direct and indirect ways to get apps on Firestick devices.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
How to Install Apps on Firestick 4K from Amazon App Store
Like other streaming devices, you can download apps on your Fire Stick from the Amazon App Store.
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect it to WiFi.
2. Select the Find (Lens icon) on the home screen and click the Search bar.
3. Using the virtual keyboard, enter the desired app name.
4. Choose the app from the list of suggestions.
5. Click Get to add the app to your Fire TV Stick.
How to Download Apps on Firestick using Alexa Voice Commands
If you have set up Alexa on Firestick, you can use the Voice commands to download apps right away.
1. Press the Microphone or Alexa voice button on the Firestick remote.
2. Say the command, “Hey, Alexa! Download (App Name)”.
3. You will be presented with the app description on the TV screen.
4. Select Get or say ‘Install‘ to begin the installation process.
5. Once installed, you can start using the app on your Firestick.
How to Add Apps to Firestick from Amazon Website
With the Amazon website, you can install the apps on your Fire TV remotely anytime.
1. Open the browser on your desktop.
2. Head to the official website of Amazon – [https://www.amazon.com] and sign in with the credentials you have used to sign in to your Firestick device.
3. In the Search field, enter the app name and click the Search icon.
4. Select the app and click on Deliver on the right.
5. Choose your Firestick device and click Get App.
6. Restart Firestick and you can find the app installed on the device.
How to Sideload Apps on Firestick using APK Installers
You can use third-party installers, such as Downloader and ES File Explorer to get the apps that are unavailable on Firestick. There are certain apps that are unavailable on Fire Stick devices, such as Crackstream, MovieBox, and more. Once you have downloaded the installer, you must turn on Install Unknown Apps settings for it to sideload the APK on Firestick.
Select Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Select Downloader / ES File Explorer to turn on.
How to Get Apps on Firestick using Aptoide TV
You can even access apps by installing Aptoide TV on Firestick.
1. Sideload the Aptoide TV on your Fire TV using installers.
2. Once installed, launch it on your device.
3. Select the Search icon or Discover on the left.
4. Find the desired app and install it on your Firestick.
Yes, you can install apps on Amazon Firestick from your smartphone, using Apps2Fire.
Yes, you can get the apps on Firestick from your PC using the ADB Debugging tool.