If you like to access geo-restricted content or sideload a third-party app on Firestick, you need a powerful VPN like ProtonVPN. As the ProtonVPN is available on Firestick, you can get it from the Amazon App Store.
ProtonVPN is a Swiss-based VPN service that focuses on privacy. You can use the VPN without restrictions at high speeds. Moreover, you can use the VPN service from anywhere.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
This article will guide you to install the ProtonVPN on your streaming device from direct and sidloading methods. We have also covered the fixes for the common issues that you come across while using the VPN.
Features of ProtonVPN
- Follows No Log policy.
- Uses split-tunneling support and a DNS leak protection feature.
- Has over 1000+ high-speed servers in 50+ countries.
- It supports file-sharing/BitTorrent.
- Provides high-speed connectivity of up to 10 Gbps.
- It allows you to connect up to 10 devices to a VPN at the same time.
How to Install ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Turn on your Amazon Firestick and connect it to your WiFi.
2. On the Home screen, select Find and choose Appstore.
3. Type ProtonVPN using the virtual keyboard on the screen.
4. Select ProtonVPN from the app suggestions.
5. Next, click Get to begin the installation.
How to Activate and Use ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Once you launch ProtonVPN, you can see the activation code displayed on the screen.
2. Head to the activation site  on your smartphone or desktop browser.
3. Sign in to your VPN account and enter the code.
4. The VPN app refreshes on the Firestick.
5. Select Connect and the VPN will be connected to the desired server.
How to Sideload ProtonVPN APK on Firestick using Downloader
If ProtonVPN is restricted in your region, you can sideload the APK to install it on your Fire TV Stick. You can install Downloader on Firestick to install the APK.
You need to enable Install Unknown Apps for Downloader on Firestick to begin the sideload process.
1. Hover to Settings on the Firestick device.
2. Click on My Fire TV and select Developer Options.
3. Select Install Unknown Sources from the list.
4. Choose Downloader and turn it on.
5. Launch Downloader and head to the Home page.
6. In the Search bar and type enter the ProtonVPN APK file URL.
7. Select Go.
8. Now click on the Install button to get Proton VPN.
9. Then click on Done and Delete option in alternative pages.
10. Now go to the Apps section on your Fire TV.
11. Launch the Proton VPN app and start using it.
Tip! If you are unsatisfied with Firestick, you can install Norton VPN for Firestick to access geo-restricted apps and content.
How to Fix ProtonVPN Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes, the ProtonVPN might stop working due to various reasons on Firestick. However, you can fix it by following the DIY troubleshooting steps.
1. Check whether the Firestick is connected to the stable WiFi.
2. If the internet speed is slow, restart the router and try again.
3. Ensure your Proton VPN is expired. If so, renew the subscription.
4. Try restarting the ProtonVPN app.
5. If you face a black screen while connecting to the server, restart the Fire TV and check.
6. Update the ProtonVPN on Fire Stick if it is outdated.
Sadly, no. ProtonVPN doesn’t have a free trial. You can try the 30-money-back guarantee program, and claim a refund back if you are unsatisfied with the service.
If your Fire Stick firmware is outdated, you can’t find and install ProtonVPN. Upgrade the Fire Stick and try to install the app.