You might have come across WhatsApp, Telegram, Discord, etc. These applications assist you to text and call at no cost. Similarly, Kik Messenger can also be used to make text messages and audio, and video calls for free. Though you can find the Kik Messenger app on the Amazon App Store, it is not compatible with Firestick. In this case, you must use the Downloader app to sideload the Kik Messenger APK.
Upon sideloading, you can live stream and get connected to new people through Kik Messenger, and send messages to your friends individually or in a group. This platform also allows you to watch various trending and newly released videos to take over your boredom.
You do not have to undergo many steps to get started with this app. All you have to do is, install its APK, enter your phone number followed by basic details, and chat with your friends easily. But make sure to allow all the permissions that the app requires.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Note – The following installation guide is also applicable to the Smart TVs running on Fire OS.
How to Install Kik Messenger Apk on Firestick Using Downloader App
Since you can’t find Kik Messenger natively on the Amazon Store, you need to sideload the apk file with the help of the Downloader app. Downloader is a simple tool that lets you install apps that aren’t available on Firestick.
1. Initially, install the Downloader app on Firestick. Move to the next step if you have already installed the Downloader app.
2. Return to the Firestick home page and enable the unknown source setting for the Downloader app. Without enabling this setting, you can’t sideload apps on Firestick via the Downloader app.
Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left panel.
4. Enter the URL of the Kik Messenger apk and hit the Go button.
5. Wait for the Kik Messenger apk file to download and then tap the Install button.
6. Launch the Kik Messenger app and enter your phone number
7. Once done, start making video and audio calls for free.
How to Fix Kik Messenger Not Working on Firestick
If you had issues while using Kik Messenger on Firestick, use the following troubleshooting steps.
- Check whether your Firestick is connected to a strong WiFi. If it is too slow, you will have buffering issues while streaming.
- Clear the Cache memory of Kik Messenger on Firestick.
- Restart your Firestick to fix all the temporary problems associated with the app and device.
- Uninstall and reinstall Kik Messenger APK on your device.
- Make sure to update your Firestick to the latest version.
- If the issue is not fixed even after trying the possible solutions, reset your Firestick to the default settings and install the Kik Messenger APK again.
Other than Kik Messenger, try out these alternatives to text and make calls for free.
WhatsApp is a free-to-use messaging platform compatible with Android Smartphones, iPhones, PCs, Firesticks, and various other devices. It lets you send messages, images, videos, GIFs, stickers, etc. Also, you can make audio and video calls without any restrictions. Since WhatsApp is not available on the Amazon app store, you must sideload WhatsApp on Firestick using the Downloader app.
Telegram is another best alternative to Kik Messenger. Like WhatsApp, you must sideload Telegram on Firestick since it is also not available on the Amazon App Store. All the chats and media are end-to-end encrypted, and no one can peep into it. Moreover, it is 100% safe and free to use, and you can create a group with up to 2,00,000 members. It can also open any type of document like .docx, .mp3, .zip, and so on.
Facebook Messenger is another best alternative to Kik Messenger. This application is offered by Facebook and is used by many people. Facebook Messenger lags an important feature, so you cannot chat within the app. So, it launched the Messenger app to overcome it.
Unfortunately, this application is not available on the Amazon app store. So, you must use the Downloader app to sideload Facebook Messenger on Firestick. Moreover, you can send messages directly from Facebook if you are using Facebook on a web browser.
If you fail to allow permission for media and files, you will not be able to send pictures. So, you must allow the necessary permissions right after installing Kik Messenger.
Yes. You can use the Kik Messenger app to call and chat with your friends for free.