Do you want to stream Indian movies for free on Firestick? You can get the Jio TV app on Firestick. As this app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store, you need to sideload the app on Firestick with the help of installers like Downloader or ES File Explorer. Optionally, you can also screen mirror the content from Android devices.
Jio TV is an Indian streaming television service that offers over 1000+ TV channels. You can watch channels in 15 languages and 300+ channels in HD quality. It also offers sports channels to stream international sports leagues like UFC Fights, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup, and more.
Read this article to learn how to install and access the Jio TV app on Firestick/Fire TV.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
How to Install JioTV on Firestick Using Downloader App
Since you can’t find Jio TV natively on the Amazon Store, you need to sideload the APK file with the help of the Downloader app. Downloader is a simple tool that lets you install apps that aren’t available on Firestick.
1. Initially, install the Downloader app on Firestick. Move to the next step if you have already installed the Downloader app.
2. Return to the Firestick home page and enable the unknown sources setting for the Downloader app. Without enabling this setting, you can’t sideload apps on Firestick via the Downloader app.
To enable this setting on Firestick, go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left panel.
4. Enter the URL of the Jio TV APK and hit the Go button.
5. Wait for the Jio TV APK file to download and then tap the Install button.
6. Launch the Jio TV app and sign in with the required credentials.
7. Once done, start streaming your favorite video content.
How to Sideload JioTV on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
You can also use the ES File Explorer app on Firestick to download the JioTV app. To do it, you need to subscribe to the premium version of ES File Explorer ($9.99 per month).
1. Select the Find icon on the Firestick home screen and click on the Search bar.
2. Search for ES File Explorer and install the app on your Firestick device.
3. Go to Settings on Firestick and tap My Fire TV.
4. Select Developer options and click Install Unknown apps. Then, turn it On for ES File Explorer.
5. When it completes its downloading process, you must click on File Explorer to open it and select the Tools option.
6. Now click Download Manager and select the ‘+New‘ option.
7. You should then type the APK file link of JioTV in the URL field and in the name field as JioTV. Click on the Download Now button.
8. Click on the Open File option.
9. Select the Install option.
10. Click the Install button again.
11. After the successful installation, click Delete to delete the JioTV apk file as it is no longer needed.
12. Open the JioTV app on your Firestick and sign in to your account to watch your desired movies or TV shows.
How to Activate JioTV on Firestick
1. Open the Jio TV on your Firestick from the Your Apps and Channel section and log in by choosing between the Mobile OTP or JioID / Email option.
2. Then, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number or Email. Type it in the respective field.
3. Click the login button and watch the content you want.
Note: As JioTV is developed for handheld devices, you cannot use the app on larger screens. To fix this problem, install the Mouse Toggle App on Firestick to easily navigate the JioTV app without any issues.
How to Screen Mirror JioTV on Firestick
If you are not interested in sideloading the JioTV app on your Firestick, you can screen mirror the Jio TV content from your Android Smartphone.
1. First, connect your Android Phone and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
2. On your Firestick, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds until the menu appears.
3. Click on the Mirroring option. On the next screen, the Firestick will search for the devices to connect.
4. Now, on your Android device, go to Google Play Store and install the JioTV app. Then, launch the app and sign in to your account.
5. Go to the Notification Center on your Android Phone and select the Cast option.
6. It will display the list of available devices on the network. Tap on the name of your Firestick from the list.
7. Instantly, you can see your phone cast to the Fire TV. Now, open the Jio TV app on your phone and play any content to stream it on your Firestick 4K devices.
How to Watch Jio TV on Firestick Outside India
Since Jio TV can be accessed only from India, you need a VPN connection to access the app outside India.
1. After installing the app, return to the home page and launch the VPN you installed on Firestick. We recommend NordVPN.
2. Connect to the Indian server location where JioTV is accessible and launch the Jio TV app.
3. Sign in with the Jio number.
4. After signing in, watch the content you want without geo-restrictions.
- If you own a Jio SIM card, then Jio TV is a must-have app as it offers thousands of live TV channels for free.
- You can get access to content across 15 languages on Jio TV.
- Watch popular Indian TV channels like Zee TV, Sun TV, Colors, etc.
- Even if you’re not a Jio user, you can install the Jio app and log in with your friend’s or relative’s Jio number.
- You can choose between three levels of video quality depending on your data speeds and limits.
- The user controls of the Jio TV make it easy to navigate through the app’s interface.
How to Fix Jio TV Not Working on Firestick
Do you see only a black screen while streaming Jio TV on Firestick? or does the content buffer? It may be due to an outdated app or device, unstable network, or overloaded cache files. You can fix these issues by following the troubleshooting steps given below.
- Check whether your Firestick possesses a stable internet connection.
- Clear the Firestick cache files and remove all the Jio TV app data on Firestick.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Jio TV on your device.
- Reboot your Firestick and fix the temporary issues.
- Make sure to update your Fire TV Stick to the latest version.
- If the issue still persists on your device, hard reset your Firestick to the default settings.
- Contact the Jio TV support center for additional support.
Yes. You can use VPNs to stream Jio TV anywhere in the world.
Yes, Jio TV is free only for Jio Customers.