Though I live in the USA, I like British movies and TV shows a lot. To watch all my favorite British movies, I subscribed to BritBox and installed the app on my Firestick. With the BritBox app on my Firestick, I can access all the movies and TV shows that are available on BBC and ITVX.
If you are interested in watching the biggest collection of British content, you can get the BritBox app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
Note – The following installation guide is also applicable to the Smart TVs running on Fire OS.
How to Subscribe to BritBox
BritBox is a subscription-based service, and you must pay a monthly or annual fee to watch the available content. If you’re a new subscriber, you will get a 7-day free trial to watch the content without any fee. Currently, BritBox offers two different subscription plans in nine countries. If you have a subscription, skip this section and go to the installation guide.
1. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC and visit BritBox’s website.
2. Select Sign Up and enter the required credentials. If you are a new user, tap Subscribe Here.
3. Enter your email address and hit Continue. After that, enter your name & password and hit Create Account.
4. Choose the subscription plan that you are comfortable with and hit the Continue With Annual Plan / Monthly Plan button.
5. Finally, enter the payment details and hit Start Free Trial.
How to Watch BritBox on Firestick / Fire TV
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect it to a standard internet connection.
2. On the home screen, navigate to the Find → Search menu.
3. Search for the BritBox with the help of a keyboard displayed on the screen. You can also use the Alexa voice assistant support if it is compatible with your device.
4. Select the app and tap on the Get or Download icon.
5. Wait for the BritBox to install on Firestick and click on the Open icon once it is installed.
How to Activate BritBox on Firestick
1. Launch the BritBox and tap on the Login option to get an activation code will be displayed.
2. Note it down and visit the BritBox activation website [www.britbox.com/connect/firetv].
3. Sign in with the required details to enter the activation code and hit Continue.
4. After that, the BritBox app will be activated on your Firestick. Click the Start Watching button to watch your favorite video content.
How to Watch BritBox on Firestick Using Silk Browser
BritBox is also accessible through the web version. Since Firestick supports Silk Browser natively, you can use it to watch the web version of BritBox.
1. Launch the Silk Browser and head to the URL bar. If you haven’t installed the browser yet, install the Silk Browser of Firestick with the help of our guide.
2. Enter the official website of BritBox on the search bar and hit OK.
3. Once the website appears on your screen, enter the required login credentials like username or email ID and password.
4. After signing in, you can stream the video content.
How to Watch BritBox on Firestick Using Amazon Prime Video
Apart from installing the standalone BritBox app, you can also watch its content on the Prime Video app. For this, you need to add the BritBox channel to the Prime Video subscription. Like the original subscription, the BritBox channel will cost $7.99/month with the 7-day free trial.
1. Visit the Amazon Prime Video Britbox addon link and add BritBox to your Prime Video account.
2. Launch the Prime Video app on Firestick and ensure that you are signed in with the same Amazon account.
3. Head to the Channels section and select BritBox.
4. Select and watch the British content you want.
How to Install BritBox APK on Firestick Using Downloader App
If BritBox is not available in your location due to geo-restriction, you can sideload the apk file by using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. Return to the Firestick home page and enable the unknown source setting for the Downloader app. Go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left panel.
4. Enter the URL of BritBox APK (https://bit.ly/47mRwtm) and hit the Go button.
5. Wait for the BritBox APK file to download and then tap the Install button.
6. After installing the app, return to the home page and launch a VPN that you have installed on Firestick.
7. Connect to the server location where BritBox is accessible and then launch the BritBox app.
8. Sign in with the required email ID and password and start watching your favorite British TV shows.
How to Fix BritBox Not Working on Firestick
If you had issues while using BritBox on Firestick, use the following troubleshooting steps before approaching the support center.
- If the Britbox app is not loading on your Firestick, check whether your Firestick possesses a stable internet connection.
- Clear the Firestick cache files and remove all the BritBox app data on Firestick.
- Uninstall and reinstall the BritBox on your device.
- Restart your Firestick to fix the temporary issues.
- Make sure to update your Firestick to the latest version.
- Reset your Firestick to the default settings and try again.
- If you can’t fix the issue, contact the BritBox support center for additional support.
If you are new to BritBox, you can get a 7-day free trial on BritBox.