Stremio is an application to watch movies, series, live TV, and web channels, or listen to podcasts from various services. It is a perfect destination to organize video content and install any addon of your wish. The Stremio app is officially available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. Those who have Amazon Firestick or Fire TV can sideload the Stremio APK using a Downloader or ES File Explorer.
- Stremio is the one-stop hub for streaming videos from various services like Netflix, iTunes, YouTube, and much more.
- With the Stremio app, you can browse videos based on different categories, ratings, genres, recent, etc. You can even search for the name of the video and find it instantly.
- It is easy to watch gaming videos from different sources as add-ons from Twitch.
- With Stremio, you will also get recommendations based on your viewing history.
- With the calendar visualization, you can keep track of everything you watch, like movies, and series, from your Stremio library.
How to Download Stremio on Amazon Firestick
Installing the Stremio on Firestick is not complex, even in its absence in the Amazon App Store. You can easily sideload the app on Firestick and stream your favorite content with ease. You can choose from any installation methods given below to get Stremio on Fire TV or Firestick.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
1. Go to the Firestick home screen, tap Settings, and click on My Fire TV from the tiles.
2. Click on Developer options and turn on ADB Debugging.
3. Following that, enable the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
FYI: For some Fire TV devices, the previous options will differ. Hence, click on Settings from the Firestick home page → Select My Fire TV → Click Developer options → Click Install unknown apps → Turn on Downloader (or) ES File Explorer.
How to Get Stremio on Firestick using Downloader
You can use the Downloader app on Firestick to sideload the Stremio APK on your Fire TV device. Just follow the steps given below to install the Stremio app using the Downloader app.
1. Open the Downloader app on your Fire TV or Firestick.
2. Click on the Home option from the menu bar on the Downloader app.
3. You have to enter the URL of the Stremio
4. Now, wait until the Stremio
5. Then, click the Next button to read the permissions and begin the installation.
6. Click on the Install button to install the Stremio app on Firestick.
7. Click on the Open button when you see App installed notification on your Firestick.
8. When the Stremio app opens, click Allow to share error reports with the development team.
9. Login or Sign up with the Stremio app to proceed.
Alternate Way to Install Stremio on Fire TV using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is yet another app that is not only used to manage files, but you can also install any third-party
Steps to Install ES File Explorer on Firestick
- Go to the Firestick Search bar.
- Type ES File Explorer and search for the app.
- Then click on ES File Explorer and tap Get/Download.
- Click on the Open button if you have already installed it.
After installing the ES File Explorer, follow the instructions to sideload Stremio.
1. Open the ES File Explorer app on your Fire TV device.
2. From the expandable sidebar, click on the Tools option.
3. On the next screen, click the Download Manager option.
4. Tap on the ‘+New‘ option.
5. On the path field, you have to enter the URL as http://bit.ly/2T69bDs and type in the name field as
6. Select the Download Now button.
7. If the APK File is Downloaded, select the Install button.
8. Finally, you have to click on the Open button to launch the Stremio app.
How to Use Stremio on Firestick
1. Long press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select Apps.
2. Locate the Stremio app and click the Menu button on your remote.
3. Then, select the Move to front option. The Stremio app will be added to the home screen.
4. Launch the Stremio app and log in with your account credentials.
5. From the list, choose any video to play on your Fire TV.
How to Get Addons on Stremio
1. Select the Menu icon and select Add-ons from the menu.
2. Search for the addon that you wish to install.
Note: By default, the Addons will be displayed as Featured. For convenience, you can use filters like All or Any movies, Community, TV Shows, or Channels.
3. Select the app and click Install.
4. Wait for a few minutes for the addon to get installed.
List of Popular Stremio Add-ons
- The Pirate Bay
- Popcorn Time
- Juan Carlos
- Open Video
Stremio Supported Devices
The Stremio app is officially available for the following platforms. Optionally, you can also install this app on these devices and perform screen mirroring to access it on Firestick.
Best Alternatives to Stremio
If you are looking for similar apps like Stremio, here are some choices.
How to Fix Stremio on Firestick Not Working
If Stremio keeps crashing on Firestick, follow these troubleshooting methods to solve the issue.
Parsing the Package Error
Basically, Firestick doesn’t allow the installation of apps from third-party sources for security purposes. As you are sideloading the Stremio app from an unknown source, you must tweak a few settings on Firestick before the installation. If you forget to turn on apps from unknown sources, you will get parsing the package error.
Clear the Cache
If the Stremio app goes unresponsive, it is because of a corrupted cache. So, you have to delete the Stremio cache to fix this issue. Go to Settings on your Firestick. Then click on Applications and select Manage Installed Applications. Further, select the Stremio app and choose Clear Cache or Clear Data.
Update the Stremio App
Sometimes, the error can be caused due to an outdated app version. Therefore, you have to uninstall the Stremio app and download the latest version. Further, install it on your Firestick and check if it works fine now.
Update your Firestick
If the previous tricks don’t work, you need to update the Firestick firmware to the latest version. This can fix any type of errors you have while installing or using the app. Click the Settings icon on the home screen and click on My Fire TV. Next, click on About and select Check for System Update.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stremio is completely legal and safe to stream. As it involves jailbreaking your Firestick, you must use a VPN to keep your valuable privacy protected.
Yes, Stremio is completely free to install and use.