NordVPN has many users worldwide and is one of the trusted VPN, and it is also best suited to Firestick. You can’t imagine what it would be like if the NordVPN suddenly stopped working on your Firestick. This problem is going on all over the world on every device. You must have also come to this article to find the NordVPN fix for yourself. So, to restart the services of NordVPN, we have discussed all the possible ways to Fix the NordVPN on Firestick in the below section.
How to Fix NordVPN Not Working on Firestick
Nord VPN has released an official fix to the not working problem on Firestick. To find out what the fix is, you can refer below.
1. Re-Login to NordVPN
If NordVPN has refused to connect to a VPN server, you can log out of NordVPN. Then, wait for some time and Relogin to your account. You can now find that you can connect to any server location instantly. And so on, you can return to the privacy you are supposed to have when connected to NordVPN.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
2. Reinstall NordVPN
There can be some errors in the NordVPN APK File you have installed in the Amazon App Store. So, NordVPN is not responding properly. To fix the issue, uninstall the Nord VPN from Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > NordVPN > Uninstall. Then, you need to reinstall the NordVPN to your Firestick from the Amazon App Store. After reinstallation, you can log in to NordVPN to connect to one of the fasted and secured servers.
3. Restart your Firestick
It is effortless to restart your Firestick. You only have to take the Firestick remote in your hand and press and hold the Select and Play or Pause button simultaneously for a few seconds. Then, your Fire TV will be restarted. After the Resetting process, you can try connecting to Nord VPN.
Related – How to Fix BBC iPlayer Not Working on Firestick
Other Possible Fixes to Fix the NordVPN Not Working Issue on Firestick
You have already seen the official fix. Now, let us see other possible fixes below.
1. Update Nord VPN
To update Nord VPN, follow the steps below.
1. From the Firestick’s home screen, select the Applications icon.
2. All the applications installed on your Firestick will be displayed.
3. Select the NordVPN app and press the Menu button on your Firestick remote.
4. Now, select the More Info option.
5. If there is an update available, select the Update button.
6. Then, the NordVPN will be updated to the latest version.
7. Now, try to connect to any of the VPN servers.
2. Update Firestick
You can update your Firestick to the latest version by following the steps below.
1. Select the Settings from the home screen.
2. Choose My Fire TV.
3. Select About > Check for Updates.
4. You can see the Install Update option if an update is available.
5. Now, select Install Update to update your Firestick to the latest version.
6. Then, you can connect to NordVPN.
3. Clear the Cache on NordVPN
The cache is a temporary file stored on your Firestick. It may be helpful in some cases. But to the core, the cache only slows down your Firestick device. So, you can remove the cache stored by NordVPN and try connecting to it. The steps to clear the cache of the NordVPN are as below.
1. Select the Settings from the Firestick’s home screen.
2. Choose Applications and select Manage Installed Applications.
3. In the Manage Installed Applications section, choose NordVPN.
4. Select Clear Cache.
5. Now, the cache stored on your Firestick device will be cleared.
6. No, you can open the NordVPN and choose a server location to connect to.
4. Change the VPN Server
Try connecting to a different server because there are other 59 servers you can connect to. There can be some issues with the server you are trying to connect to. So, if you need to connect to NordVPN with immediate effect, you can connect to other locations. Also, don’t close the NordVPN if you are not connected to it. Wait for a few minutes until the connection is established.
5. Reset NordVPN
You also have the option to reset NordVPN. You can read below if you don’t know how to reset NordVPN.
1. Open Nord VPN on your Firestick.
2. Then, select Settings.
3. On the left pane, select Advanced.
4. Select the Run Diagnostics tool.
5. Now, select the Reset app tab from the pop-up window.
6. Now, you have reset the Nord VPN on Firestick.
Related – How to Fix Hulu Not working on Firestick
NordVPN is one of the best VPN for your Firestick. So, if it is not working on your Firestick, you should fix the issue immediately. Else your privacy protection will be disabled for some time. It would be best to make the time worth with NordVPN because you can’t find the quality service with other VPNs. So, follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the article and make NordVPN back to the working state on your Firestick.