Amazon Firestick is a popular streaming device used to watch the latest movies and TV shows on TV. Along with streaming, you can also surf the internet with the help of browsers. Normally, Firestick devices come with an inbuilt Silk browser to browse the internet. But, users can install other browsers like Firefox to have experienced while browsing. Go through the article to know more about Firefox and the detailed guide to install & use Firefox on your Firestick streaming device.
What is Mozilla Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser developed for Android, iOS, Firestick, Windows, Mac, and much more platforms. While comparing with other web browsers, it gives a cleaner interface and faster downloading speed even with the low internet connection. The bookmarks toolbar and tabbed browsing let the user to quickly switch back and forth between several sites with ease. Just like Google Chrome, it also has plugins support to improve the usability and functionality of the browser. These plugins are easily downloadable from the inbuilt settings.
Related: How to watch Youtube videos on Firestick
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Features of Firefox on Firestick
- Firefox has designed with various tools to block malicious websites. The tools like a pop-up blocker, anti-phishing and anti-malware warnings will be updated 48 times/day to block the fraudulent websites.
- Users can access the private tab to surf the internet without worrying about cookies, history and much more things. Once you closed that private tab, all the details will be deleted from the browser.
- By default, the Firefox will block the third-party cookies that are originating from the websites that you regularly visit.
- Once the plugin was freeze for more than 11 seconds, the browser will notify you to restart the plugin. You can restart it without reloading the browser.
- Just like Chrome and Safari, you will have an inbuilt PDF viewer to load and view PDF files.
How to Install Firefox on Firestick / Fire TV
Mozilla Firefox is officially available for Firefox / Fire TV users.
Step 1: Connect your Firestick to the TV.
Step 2: Navigate to the search bar.
Step 3: With the help of your remote, type and search for Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4: Select the Firefox app from the search results.
Step 5: Select Get or Download to initiate the installation process.
Step 6: Wait for Firefox browser to download and install on your Firestick.
Step 7: Once it installed, you will have the Open icon on the screen. Tap it to launch the app.
How to use Mozilla Firefox on your Firestick
Step 1: Launch Mozilla Firefox from the Apps section.
Step 2: Select whether you want to enable Turbo mode or not. By enabling Turbo mode, the ads will be blocked automatically.
Step 3: Navigate to the Search bar and browser whatever you want.
Mozilla Firefox is a much-needed browser if you want to surf the internet effortlessly. You can customise the look and feel of the browser with the help of various themes available within the browser. We hope the article will guide you to download Mozilla Firefox on Firefox with ease. Try this guide and post your feedback below.