If you are looking for a streaming service that is dedicated to anime and manga, Crunchyroll is the best freemium application that you will ever find. As the Crunchyroll app is natively available on the Amazon App Store, you can install it on Amazon Firestick for free. With Crunchyroll on Firestick, you can stream 1000+ anime titles, 200+ East Asian dramas, and 80+ manga titles.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Firestick
1. Plug your Fire TV Stick into the TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
3. Press the Home button on the Fire TV remote to go to the home screen.
4. Click the Find menu and choose the Search tile that appears below.
5. Enter Crunchyroll using the on-screen keyboard and choose it from the suggestions.
6. Click Get or Download to install the Crunchyroll app on your Fire TV Stick.
7. Once it gets installed, click Open to launch the app on Firestick.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Firestick
1. Open the Crunchyroll app on Firestick from the Apps section.
2. Click Log in with Activation Code to continue.
3. You will get a 6-digit activation code on the screen.
4. Visit https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate from a mobile or PC browser.
5. Enter the 6-digit code once you logged in with your Crunchyroll Premium account.
6. After that, you can start streaming the anime content on the Crunchyroll Fire TV app.
How to Watch Crunchyroll on Firestick using Silk Browser
1. Install and open the Silk Browser on Firestick.
2. Enter https://www.crunchyroll.com in the address bar and go to that website.
3. Click the Profile icon at the top right and tap Log In.
4. Enter your registered username and password and click the LOG IN button.
5. Once the home screen appears, you can click on any anime title to play.
How to Sideload Crunchyroll on Firestick
Sometimes, you won’t find Crunchyroll on the Amazon App Store due to geo-restriction. In such cases, you can install and use Downloader on Firestick to sideload the Crunchyroll APK from an external source.
Enable Unknown Sources on Firestick
After installing the Downloader app, you need to turn on a few settings on Firestick for sideloading apps that are not available in the app store.
1. Click the Settings icon on the Firestick home screen.
2. Choose My Fire TV and then click on Developer options.
3. Select Install unknown apps on the next screen.
4. Turn on Downloader by clicking on it.
Steps to Sideload Crunchyroll APK using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. Click Allow to accept the storage permissions.
3. Select the Home tab, and enter the Crunchyroll APK download link in the search term box.
4. Click Go to download the apk file on your streaming device.
5. After it gets downloaded, open the file and click Install.
6. Once Crunchyroll is installed, click Open to launch the app.
- Get access to new releases and previous seasons of anime titles.
- Stream exclusive Originals like God of High School and Tower of God.
- Watch popular shows like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Attack on Titan, SPY X FAMILY, Naruto Shippuden, BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS, and more.
- Upgrade to Crunchyroll Premium to watch the latest episodes without any ads after they broadcasted in Japan.
- With Premium, you can download your favorite shows and watch them offline.
If you are looking for alternatives, these are the top-rated apps to stream anime content.
With Funimation on Firestick, you can stream the best collection of English-dubbed and subbed anime shows in up to 1080p quality. New episodes will be available on the app after they air in Japan. It has two subscription plans; Premium ($7.99.mo) and Premium Plus ($9.99/mo) which includes a 14-day free trial.
VRV on Firestick is a Crunchyroll-owned application that has a selection of Sci-Fi and Comedy anime titles. Here you can watch subtitled shows like One Piece, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and more. For ad-free streaming, you can get VRV Premium at $9.99 per month which includes a 30-day free trial.
With Hulu on Firestick, you can watch thousands of movies, and TV shows, including Anime. It has two subscription plans; Hulu (With Ads) at $7.99 per month and Hulu (No Ads) at $14.99 per month. New subscribers will get a limited free trial for 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Crunchyroll keeps buffering or crashing on Firestick, check your internet connection, uninstall and reinstall Crunchyroll, clear the cache on Firestick, update the app, or update Firestick to the latest version.
Yes, you can install and use the Crunchyroll app on Firestick with ads.