Doordarshan is a government-operated TV channel in India. It offers two all-India channels, namely DD National and DD News. They also run 17 regional satellite channels, 11 state networks, and an international channel called DD India. Since Doordarshan is a Government channel, it is available to download on all major platforms, including Firestick. With Doordarshan live TV, you can stay up-to-date on the latest news, shows, sports, and much more. From this article, you will learn how to download and add the Doordarshan channel on your Fire TV/Stick.
How to Download Doordarshan on Firestick
Since the Doordarshan (DD) channel belongs to the government, you can stream its content for free without any subscription plan or account. You can stream the DD channel directly after downloading the app on your Firestick.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
1. Turn On your Fire TV/Stick and move on to its home page.
2. Connect the Firestick to WIFI and select the Find icon.
3. Select the Search bar and enter Doordarshan using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
4. Locate and open the official Doordarshan app from the search result.
5. Hit the Download button to include the app on your Firestick app’s list.
6. After installing, click Open to launch the app on Firestick.
How to Sideload Doordarshan APK on Firestick [Outside India]
Even though Doordarshan is an Indian channel, you can also download the app from outside India. If you can’t download the app from outside India, you can use a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN on Firestick.
If you reside outside India, you cannot download the Doordarshan app directly from the Amazon App Store. You can sideload it using the Downloader.
1. Run the Downloader app on Firestick and click the Home tab from the left pane.
2. Input the APK URL of the Doordarshan app (https://urlsrt.io/Doordarshan) and click the Go button to download the APK file.
3. Open the APK file and click the Install button to add the app to your Fire TV/Stick.
4. Now, open a VPN on your Firestick and connect to the Indian server.
5. After connecting to the Indian server, go to the Apps section on your Fire TV/Stick and launch the Doordarshan app.
5. Now, you can stream your desired content.
How to Stream Doordarshan on Firestick Using Silk Browser
If you can’t install the Doordarshan app on your Firestick due to storage issues, you can access any browser on your Firestick to stream the content online.
1. Download the Silk Browser on Firestick and tap the search bar.
2. Enter https://prasarbharati.gov.in/doordarshan using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Locate and select your desired VOD/live TV channel.
4. Hit the Play button to watch Doordarshan content on Firestick using the Slik browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can fix the issue by reinstalling the app and restarting the Firestick. If it does not work, you can opt for other fixes, like clearing the cache, updating the app, and finally resting the Firestick.
Yes, you can stream Doordarshan using streaming services like YouTube, MX Player, and Jio TV.