Viki, also known as Rakuten Viki, is one of the leading video streaming platforms that offer free Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas and TV shows. Viki is an American company headquartered in California. It is similar to the Hulu app, which streams only licensed content to its users. Viki was the first company in the world to offer real-time subtitling features in 150+ languages. So in this article, we guide you on how to install Viki on Firestick.
Viki also has many new features compared with their competitors, like the Timed comments feature, which allows its users to leave a comment on certain scenes or timestamps of the movies or shows. Users can also rate the movies and let other users decide whether to watch the movie or not. You can also access KOCOWA if you buy a premium pass on Viki.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
Special Features of Viki
- Low-cost subscription pack less than $1 that offers HD streaming and zero ads.
- Hundreds of super hit movies available in the free plan.
- Available on most of the operating systems like Android, iOS, Firestick, etc.
- Free access to the upcoming dramas before they air on TV.
- Sub-titles in more than 150 languages.
- Learn mode to learn multiple languages directly from the app.
- Free plan – $0/month Free to watch in Standard Quality with commercials.
- Viki Pass Basic – $0.99/month Free to watch in HD quality and without commercials.
- Viki Pass Standard – $4.99/month All from Basic plan with extra access to TV shows, First access to Viki exclusives, Viki Originals, etc.
Tip: 25 Best Movie Apps For Firestick [Updated 2022] Stream Unlimited Free Movies & TV
How to Install Viki on Firestick
You can install Viki on Amazon Firestick using any of the two methods listed below.
- Using Amazon App store.
- Through Browser.
How to Install and Watch Rakuten Viki on Firestick using Amazon App Store
Since the Rakuten Viki app is available on the Amazon App Store, follow the steps below to install the app on your Firestick
1. Turn on the Firestick device.
2. Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select the Find tab.
3. Next, click on the Search tile.
3. Now, type Rakuten Viki on the virtual keyboard with the help of your Fire TV remote.
4. Select the Rakuten Viki app from the search result and proceed to the next step.
5. Click the Get button to download and install the app.
6. Next, click on the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick device.
Finally, you need to only sign in to your account to watch Korean or Chinese movies and TV shows.
How to Install Viki on Firestick using Browser
Follow the steps below to install the Rakuten Viki app on your Firestick device from a web browser.
1. Visit amazon.com your browser either on Mobile or PC.
2. Log in to your Amazon account.
3. Search for the Viki app by typing Viki in the search box.
4. Select the Rakuten Viki app as highlighted in the image below.
5. Now select your Firestick device and click Deliver button.
6. You can check in your orders section for Delivery confirmation.
7. Once you turn on the Firestick device and connect it to the internet, Viki will be automatically installed on your device.
8. Then, you only need to log in to access the content of the Rakuten Viki app.
Alternative Method – How to Sideload Viki on Aamazon Firestick
You can use the Downloader on Firestick to sideload the Rakuten Viki app.
NOTE: After installing the Downloader app go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > Downloader. Next, turn on the Downloader app.
1. Launch the Downloader from the Your Apps & Channels section.
2. Select the URL Box and enter the URL of the APK File of the Rakuten Viki.
3. Click on the Go button to download the APK File of the Rakuten Viki app.
4. After downloading the Rakuten Viki app, click on the Install button.
5. Now, the Rakuten Viki app will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Next, click on the Open button to launch the Rakuten Viki app.
7. Sign in to your account and watch any shows you like.
How to Connect to a VPN and Stream on Viki
VPN is the tool that will help you with unblocking the geo-restricted contents. Because you can only get the services of Rakuten Viki in Japan, China, Taiwan, and the United States. So, my best pick is that you can connect to ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Click on Find > Search from the home screen.
2. Then, use the on-screen keyboard to type and search for the ExpressVPN app.
3. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
4. Click on the Download button to install the ExpressVPN app.
5. After installation, click on the Open button to launch the ExpressVPN app and sign in to your account.
6. Next, choose the US VPN server and click on the Power-shaped icon.
7. Now, you are connected to ExpressVPN.
8. Then, you can launch the Rakuten Viki app and watch your favorite Korean and Chinese movies anywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Rakuten Viki is free to install on Firestick.
Yes, the Rakuten Viki platform is legal.
You can visit the URL https://www.viki.com/ to subscribe to Rakuten Viki.
No, but you will get a 7-day free trial.