Amazon Firestick is the best streaming device to stream media over the internet. Also, you can install streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu to watch any of your favorite movies and TV shows. At the same time, you can listen to music with the apps like Spotify and Wynk Music. Apart from these apps, you can also install and stream games on your Firestick. You can also read the rest of the article to know how to install Twitch on Firestick to stream the gameplay of your favorite games.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is a popular game streaming app that contains videos and live streams of popular games like PUBG, Fortnite, Call of Duty, and much more. Of course, you can stream your gameplay too. Also, you have the option to chat with gamers around the world. The Twitch platform is free to install and use. So, you don’t have to worry about the subscription. At the same time, Twitch is considered the learning hub of all newbie gamers. You can also install the Twitch app on your Firestick to stream the gameplay of your favorite games.
Related: How to install VLC on Firestick
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Features of Twitch
Here are the major highlights of the Twitch app:
- In the Twitch app, you can get to watch all the gameplays from the pro-gamers.
- The live chat feature is also available while streaming the video.
- The live gameplay streaming feature is available on most of the gaming platforms like PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
- The Twitch app is free to install amd use.
Does Amazon Fire Stick have Twitch
Yes, the Twitch app is available on the Amazon Fire Stick. Also, you must know that the Twitch platform is a part of the Aamzon Inc subsidiary. And with the Amazon Prime subscription, you can access the Twitch platform free. In the meantime, you can separately subscribe to the Twitch platform separately without the Amazon Prime subscription. And you need to visit the official website of Twitch to do the same.
NOTE: Twitch platform is free and the subscription is not mandatory. But you can subscribe to the premium plan to get access to emojis, a special badge on your profile, and more.
How to Download and Install Twitch on Firestick
The Twitch app is officially available on Amazon App Store. So, you don’t need any other third-party downloaders like ES File Explorer to install the app. Instead, you can directly download and install the app from the store itself.
1. Click the Find tab and select the Search tile on the Firestick Home Screen.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Twitch and search for it.
3. In the search result, choose the Twitch app.
4. On the next screen, click the Get icon to install the app.
5. When the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the Twitch app on your Firestick.
6. An Activation Code will display on the screen of your Fire TV, or click on the Login button to get the Activation Code.
7. Don’t forget to note the Activation Code.
8. Then, visit https://www.twitch.tv/activate/profile on any web browser.
9. Enter the Activation Code and click on Activate.
10. Now, enter your Twitch account details click on Login.
11. You have successfully activated Twitch on your Firestick.
12. Then, relaunch the Twitch app and start streaming the gameplay of your favorites.
Alternate Method – How to Install and Watch Twitch on Firestick
You can also install the Twitch app on your Firestick directly from the web. The steps to do the same are as follows.
In this method, you need a smartphone or PC with an internet connection and the Amazon account you are using in the Firestick device.
1. Open any web browser on your PC or smartphone and head to amazon.com.
2. Click the Sign In button and log in with the same account that you have used for your Firestick.
3. After the Sing-In, in the Search bar, type Twitch and search for it.
4. In the search result, click on the Twitch app.
4. On the next screen, click the Get App button placed on the right side of the screen.
5. Your Firestick device will be displayed. Click on it.
The Twitch app will be installed on your Firestick once your Firestick device / Fire TV gets connected to an internet connection.
Related: Best Firestick games to play
How to Sideload Twitch to Firestick
The Twitch app may not be available in certain regions. So, if you couldn’t locate the Twitch app on the Amazon App Store, you can use the Downloader on Firestick.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to enable access to install apps from unknown sources. And to do that go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > Downloader app. Next, turn the Downloader on.
1. Launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps & Channels section.
2. Select the URL box and enter the URL of the APK File of the Twitch app.
3. Select the Go button to download the APK File.
4. After downloading the APK File, select the Install button.
5. After you install the Twitch app, follow up with the activation process.
6. Next, launch the Twitch app and stream your favorite gameplay.
How to Connect to a VPN and stream Twitch
You can choose the IPVanish VPN to stream Twitch from anywhere in the world. So, the following are the steps to install the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
1. Select the Find tab from the Firestic’s home screen and choose the Search tile.
2. Then, search for the IPVanish VPN using the virtual keyboard.
3. From the search results, choose the IPVanish VPN app.
4. Click on the Install button to install the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
5. After installation, click on the Open button.
6. Enter your subscription credentials and Login into the IPVanish VPN app.
7. Select the IPVanish VPN server location and click on the Connect button.
8. Now, you have connected to the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
Finally, you can launch the Twitch app and stream it from anywhere in the world on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Twitch is available on the Amazon App Store. That means you can install Twitch on Firestick.
Yes, you can get Twitch on Firestick