Twitch is a streaming application featuring game videos and live streams like PUBG, Fortnite, Minecraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty, and much more. You can filter live streams on genres like fighting, racing, real-time strategy, first-person shooting, etc. It allows users to chat with the top gaming communities worldwide. If you are truly passionate about gaming, you can install the Twitch app on your Firestick and learn more tactics from eminent gamers.
Features of Twitch
- Both live and recorded videos of gameplay, esports events, music, art, etc.
- Exclusive live shows of Xbox, Sony, Blizzard, Riot Games, and more.
- Interact with the best gamers in the world using live chat.
- It allows using dark mode for later-night streaming.
Note: If you are a movie lover, you should install VLC on Firestick to watch your favorite movies and TV shows from local storage.
Twitch Subscription Plans & Pricing
Generally, the Twitch app is free to use and the subscription is not mandatory. But with a valid subscription, users can able to share emojis, keep special badges on their profiles, and continue their support to the streamers. Here is an overview of the premium tiers of Twitch.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
|Tier 1 (£4.99)||Tier 2 (£9.99)||Tier 3 (£24.99)|
|Ad-free streaming||All Tier 1 features||All Tier 2 features|
|Chat during subscriber-only mode||5 exclusive Emotes||5 additional exclusive Emotes|
|Watch subscriber streams||Tier 2 Badge Flair||Upgraded Tier 3 Badge Flair|
|Unlock the sub badge to support creators||1 Emote Modifier||2 additional Emote Modifiers|
How to Install and Activate Twitch on Firestick
You can directly install the Twitch app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store. So, you don’t need any other third-party apps like ES File Explorer to sideload the APK file.
1. Click the Find tab and select the Search tile on the Firestick Home Screen.
2. Type Twitch using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
3. From the search results, choose the Twitch app.
4. On the next screen, click Get/Download to install Twitch.
5. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Twitch app on your Firestick.
6. An Activation Code will be displayed on the Fire TV screen if you click the Login button.
7. Then, visit https://www.twitch.tv/activate/profile on any web browser.
9. Enter the Activation Code and click on Activate.
10. Now, enter your Twitch account details and click on Login.
11. You have successfully activated your Twitch account.
12. Go back to the Twitch app on Firestick and start streaming the gameplay of your favorites.
Alternate Way to Install and Watch Twitch on Firestick
Here’s how to install the Twitch app on your Firestick from the web.
Pro Tip: You need a smartphone or PC with an internet connection and should log in with the same Amazon account you are using on the Firestick device.
1. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to amazon.com.
2. Click the Sign In button and log in with the same account that you have used for your Firestick.
3. Once you signed in, type Twitch in the search bar and locate the app.
4. From the search result, click on the Twitch app.
4. On the next screen, click the Get App button on the right side of the screen.
5. Your Firestick device will be displayed. Click on it.
The Twitch app will be installed on your Firestick once your Firestick device / Fire TV gets connected to an internet connection.
Note: Besides gameplay, there are some best Firestick games to play on your Fire TV using a separate joystick controller.
How to Sideload Twitch APK on Firestick
The Twitch app may not be available in some regions. So, if you couldn’t locate the Twitch app on the Amazon App Store, you can use the Downloader on Firestick.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to enable access to install apps from unknown sources. Therefore, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > Turn On Downloader.
1. Launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps & Channels section.
2. In the URL field, enter the following Twitch APK download link.
3. Select the Go button to go to the website and download the APK File.
4. After downloading, open the file and select the Install button.
5. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
6. Lastly, launch the Twitch app and start streaming your favorite gameplay.
How to Stream Twitch Using a VPN
You can choose the IPVanish VPN to stream Twitch from anywhere in the world. The following are the steps to install the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
1. Select the Find tab from the Firestick home screen and choose the Search tile.
2. Then, search for the IPVanish VPN using the virtual keyboard.
3. From the search results, choose the IPVanish VPN app.
4. Click on the Install button to install the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
5. After installation, click on the Open button.
6. Enter your subscription credentials and login into the IPVanish VPN account.
7. Select the United States server and click on the Connect button.
8. Now, you have connected to the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
Finally, you can launch the Twitch app and stream it from anywhere in the world on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Twitch Supported Devices
Other than Firestick, you can also stream Twitch on the following devices.
- Nintendo Switch
- Apple TV
- Nvidia Shield
Alternatives to Twitch
If you are looking for live streaming services that are not only focused on gaming, here are our top recommendations for entertainment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Twitch is available on the Amazon App Store for free download on Firestick.
You can fix the Twitch not working issue by restarting the router, clearing the cache, reinstalling the Twitch app, or disabling a VPN.