Silk Browser is an Amazon-made web browser specially developed for Fire TV. The Silk Browser is a built-in app on your Firestick. You don’t need to install the web browser manually. But if you mistakenly uninstall the web browser or it may not be available on the Firestick by default. In those situations, you need to install the browser manually. With the methods below, you can install Silk Browser on Firestick.
Features of Silk Browser on Fire TV
Though the Silk Browser is simple, it has some advanced features. Below are the features of the Silk Browser.
- The Silk Browser is the best browser for Fire TV as it is developed only for Fire TV
- By having Silk Browser on your Firestick, you can watch videos from any website
- You can easily control the browser with the Fire TV remote and Alexa voice control
- In the Silk Browser, you can bookmark important sites and save your passwords with ease.
Silk Browser on Fire TV
Most of the Firestick nowadays comes with Amazon Silk Web Browser preinstalled. If you can find Amazon Silk Browser on your Firestick, it is most likely that it doesn’t have the browser preinstalled. So to install the browser on your Firestick, follow the steps given below.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
How to Install Silk Browser on Firestick
1. From the Firestick home page, select Find.
2. Click on the Search tile.
3. Type Internet Browser using the virtual keyboard and select the same from suggestions.
4. Select the Internet icon.
5. Click on Get or Download option.
6. Once the app is installed, you can Open the app.
How to Install Silk Browser using Amazon Website
1. Visit amazon.com/appstore on your PC.
2. Now, type Amazon Silk Browser on the search bar.
3. Click on the Amazon Silk Browser.
4. Now, on the right-hand side corner, under Deliver to box, select your Firestick device.
5. Click on the Get App.
6. Now, wait for the Firestick to install the Silk Browser.
After a few minutes on your Firestick, the Silk Browser will be available.
How to Sideload the Silk Browser to Fire TV
1. Download the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2. Go to Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install unknown apps >> Turn ON Downloader.
3. Open the Downloader app and select the search bar.
4. Type in the URL silk-browser.en.uptodown.com/android/download and click Go.
5. Wait for the download to complete and click INSTALL.
6. Once the installation is complete, click DONE.
7. Click Delete on the following two prompts to delete the apk file.
Downloader is not only a sideloading tool but also a browser. It doesn’t have any integrated search engine, but you can use google.com and use it as a browser. There is an option in the side tab called Browser, which turns the Downloader into a browser.
Google Chrome is undoubtedly the best choice for most devices. Google Chrome is available for Fire TV devices also. It is a simple and secure web browser with which you can not only browse but do much more easily. It has a built-in translator that translates other language pages in a jiffy.
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source browser built for multiple platforms which runs on Fire TV too. It gives a cleaner and faster browsing experience even with a weak internet connection. It also allows you to bookmark websites and favorite pages for quick access.
Brave Browser is an ad-free web browser that is well-known among internet users. It is built with the privacy of the user as a priority. This browser has a built-in tracking blocker and a location hider. Brave browser is also comparatively faster than all the other browsers.
By having the Silk Browser on your Amazon Firestick, you can easily browse anything you need. If your Amazon Firestick doesn’t come with a built-in Silk Browser, use the above steps to install the browser on your device.
Frequently Asked Question
The Amazon Silk Web Browser is free to download and use.
Open the Silk Browser, and click on Settings >> Advanced >> Search Engine. Now select Google as a search engine.
Amazon Silk Web Browser is the best browser for Fire TV devices because it is tailor-made for Fire TV devices and works flawlessly compared to other browsers.