Firestick is a media player that works only with Amazon Echo products. Like many Firestick users, you may have a question that whether Google Home works with Fire TV or not. The answer to this question is Yes, but these devices don’t work together natively. Google Home and Firestick devices will not be recognized when using the apps. Although, you can try the possible workaround to control Firestick.
Can you Control Firestick with Google Home?
Yes, though both devices are from two different competitors, it is possible to connect your Firestick with Google Home. But it is not a straightforward process and seems a little risky too. Basically, both devices support Bluetooth, so you can use that feature to pair both devices.
How to Pair Firestick with Google Home
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to pair your device with Google Home.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Enable Pairing Mode on Google Home
You can enable pairing mode on Google Home by the following steps.
1. Turn on Google Home and make sure it is in pairing mode. Also, you can use the voice command, Ok Google, Bluetooth Pairing.
2. The next method is to use the Google Home app on your Smartphone. To do that, go to Settings and select Paired Bluetooth Devices. Next, click the Enable Pairing Mode.
Pair Google Home with Firestick
1. Initially, press the Home button on your remote control to launch the Home screen.
2. Click the Settings icon which is at the top right corner.
3. Scroll down and select the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices option.
4. Select your Google Home under Controllers.
5. Tap the Allow button to pair Google Home with your device.
That’s it. Google Home has been paired with your Firestick. However, it will be recognized only as a Bluetooth Speaker and not as a smart speaker. All sounds from Firestick will be rerouted to this speaker instead of the television speaker.
Benefits of Pairing Google Home with Firestick
While you are streaming a movie from streaming services like Netflix on Firestick or any other, you can hear the sound coming out from Google Home like the Bluetooth speakers. You can use the voice command such as Play or Pause while streaming. Remember that, you cannot use Google Home to search for the content while streaming or any streaming service. Instead, you have to use your Firestick remote control to find what you need.
Alternate Way to Control Firestick
Since Google Home does not work as you think, you can use Alexa to control your Fire TV Stick. Alexa will recognize your Firestick device automatically if you have only one Firestick. If not, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to control Firestick using Alexa.
1. Install the Amazon Alexa app from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. After the installation, launch the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
3. Next, go to Settings on the Amazon Alexa app.
4. Select your Firestick and click the Continue button.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and tap Link Devices to pair your Firestick with Alexa.
Alternative Device for Google Home
Your Google Home will work fine with the Chromecast media player. It comes at the same price as the Firestick. Follow the steps mentioned below to pair your Google Home with Chromecast.
1. Set up a Chromecast device and select the correct TV input.
2. Install the Google Home app on your smartphone.
3. Once Google Home is installed, launch the app.
4. Click the Devices icon at the top right corner.
5. Under Devices, select the Add New Device option.
6. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi as Chromecast.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions on your Smartphone.
8. Finally, sign in with your Google Account to pair Google Home with Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Google Home can be paired with Firestick but the functions are limited. However, you can use playback controls like play, pause, etc using voice commands.