- RetroArch app is natively available on the Amazon App Store of Firestick.
- You can sideload the APK version on Firestick if you can’t install the app officially.
RetroArch is an open-source file that comes with a collection of applications. With the RetroArch app, you can create games, multimedia programs, and emulators and can play multiple games. If you’re a Firestick user, you can download the app directly from the Firestick App Store. The app uses a powerful development interface known as Libretro. It is an interface that uses top-notch features like OpenGL, location support, cross-platform camera support, and much more. From this article, you will learn the possible ways to download the RetroArch app on your Firestick.
How to Download RetroArch on Firestick
1. Turn On your Fire TV/Stick and move on to its home page.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
2. Connect the Firestick to WIFI and select the Find icon.
3. Select the Search bar and enter RetroArch using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
4. Locate and open the official RetroArch app from the search result.
5. Hit the Download button to include the app on your Firestick app’s list.
6. After installing, click Open to launch the app on Firestick.
How to Setup Game Controller on Firestick
Using the Firestick remote would be a comfort to play the game. You can connect your Bluetooth controller to the Firestick to enjoy the premium gaming experience.
1. Open the Settings on your Firestick and select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
2. Find the Game Controllers option and select it.
3. Enable your controller in the pairing mode and select the Add New Game Controller.
4. Locate and find your controller from the available devices.
That’s it. Now, you can configure the game and start playing it on your Fire TV/Stick.
How to Use RetroArch on Firestick
1. Launch the RetroArch app on your Firestick and select the Load Cores option from the Main Menu.
2. Click on Download a Core and choose the game or core you need to install.
3. After choosing the core, click Install to install the core on the RetroArch app.
4. Now, navigate to the home page of the RetroArch app and select Import Content.
5. Choose Manual Scan and select Default Core.
6. Here, you can find the core you have installed.
7. Select Start Scan and click Run to play the game on RetroArch.
How to Sideload RetroArch APK on Firestick [Outside US]
If you can’t download the RetroArch app from the Amazon App Store, you can sideload it by using the Downloader app.
1. Run the Downloader app on Firestick and click the Home tab from the left pane.
2. Input the APK URL of the RetroArch app (https://bitly.ws/Zw3J) and click the Go button to download the APK file.
3. Open the APK file and click the Install button to add the app to your Fire TV/Stick.
4. After installing, go to the Apps section on your Fire TV/Stick and launch the RetroArch app.
5. Configure the game and start using it on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can fix the issue by reinstalling the app and restarting the Firestick. If it does not work, you can opt for other fixes, like clearing the cache, updating the app, and finally resting the Firestick.
Yes, you can install RetroArch on Firestick 4K.