Are you searching for a guide to get Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick? You are at the right place. Luckily, the Hotspot Shield VPN is officially available on the Amazon App Store and you can install it on your Firestick effortlessly.
Hotspot Shield VPN has 3,200+ powerful servers where you can stream the content seamlessly on Fire Stick anytime. You can access geo-restricted platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix US, and more with this VPN support. With the advanced secure features, you can sideload apps on Fire TV Stick without privacy issues.
In this article, we have provided the installation and activation steps for Hotspot Shield VPN on Amazon Fire TV. You can also read the fixes for the generic issues while using the VPN.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Features of Hotspot Shield VPN
- Unblock streaming services from any country.
- The servers are located in around 80+ countries worldwide.
- Connect up to five devices with a single premium account.
- Offers no restrictions on the usage of data.
- Helps you prevent lags while streaming as the VPN works faster.
- No Log policy will increase your privacy security because no one can track your data traffic.
- Uses a Military-grade AES-type encryption system.
How to Install Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
To access Hotspot Shield VPN, you must have a premium subscription. The premium plans of Hotspot Shield VPN start at $12.99/month.
1. If it’s the first time you are using the Firestick device, you need to set it up on your TV.
2. You need to connect your Fire TV to a stable internet connection.
3. Now, go to the Home screen on your Firestick.
4. Select the Find tab.
5. Next, select the Search tile.
6. You can use the Voice command to search for Hotspot Shield VPN, or you can enter Hotspot Shield VPN using the virtual keyboard.
7. Search for the Hotspot Shield VPN and pick it up from the Apps & Games category from the search result.
8. Now, select the Get or Download button.
9. Within a few minutes, the Hotspot Shield VPN will be automatically installed on your Firestick.
How to Sideload Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
If the Hotspot Shield VPN isn’t accessible in your location, you need to sideload it as an APK file. Install Downloader on Firestick and tweak the Settings to initiate sideloading the app.
1. Open the Settings from your Firestick’s home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV from the Settings.
3. Then, select Developer options.
4. Now, choose to Install Unknown apps from the list of options.
5. Select the Downloader and turn it on.
6. Now, launch the Downloader app.
7. Enter the URL of the Hotspot Shield APK File in the URL box.
8. Select the Go button to download the APK File.
9. You can now see the Install button after downloading the APK File.
10. Select the Install button.
12. Finally, the Hotspot Shield VPN will be installed on your Firestick within minutes.
How to Activate and Connect Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
Like streaming services, you need to activate Hotspot Shield VPN on your device to use it.
1. After you launch the Hotspot Shield VPN, you can see an Activation Code and a QR Code.
2. You can scan the QR Code to verify your Hotspot Shield account credentials.
3. You can also visit the link mentioned on the screen to verify your Hotspot Shield account with the Activation Code.
4. Now, the Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick is successfully activated.
5. Select Locations from the Hotspot Shield VPN app from the left pane.
6. Select any location you want and connect to one of the most secure servers.
7. Now, your Privacy on your Firestick will be secured.
How to Fix Hotspot Shield Not Working on Firestick
If you find that your Hotspot Shield VPN is not working on your Firestick device, check out the basic fixes below to get resolved.
1. Check the internet – If the internet speed is slow and not stable, try connecting to a new WiFi connection.
2. Clear the app cache on Firestick – Using Hotspot Shield VPN for a long time, can result in more cache. Try clearing the app cache and check again.
3. Connect to a different server – If you access the streaming platform with the wrong server location can make the VPN stop working. Check the server location and change it.
4. Use a different protocol – Modifying protocols might lead to the VPN not working. Ensure if anything is altered.
5. Reinstall the VPN – Uninstall and reinstall the VPN if it responds slow or keeps crashing for a long time.
6. Restart Firestick – Try rebooting Firestick to fix minor glitches if present in the VPN.
7. Update Firestick – When the device is incompatible with the app, it might not work well as expected. Update the Firestick firmware and check again.
Best Alternative VPN for Firestick
If the HotSpot Shield VPN isn’t working well on your Fire TV, you can try any of the one VPN mentioned below.
ProtonVPN is one of the best alternatives to Hotspot Shield VPN, as it is an open-source platform that comes with Ad-blocker and DNS leak protection in addition. You can access websites swiftly, as it comes with a 10 Gbps server. You can download ProtonVPN on your Firestick right away from the Amazon App Store.
NordVPN is an all-in-one VPN service, which lets install and set up easily on your Fire Stick device. It comes with tough encryption features and keeps you private anywhere. NordVPN is available on Firestick and you can access it right away by signing up.
Using ExpressVPN on Firestick gives you lightning-fast access to websites on the Silk browser. It is one of the premium VPNs that can be used simultaneously up to 8 devices. It comes with a advanced server technology and has servers over in 94 countries, more than Hotspot Shield VPN.
Yes. You can access Hotspot Shield VPN for free with the 7-day trial period.
Yes, Hotspot Shield VPN offers a 45-day money-back guarantee to new users.