Firestick is a device in which you can stream movies and TV shows online from your Television. Firestick also supports Bluetooth connectivity through which you can pair headphones, mouse, keyboard, etc. You can connect your Bluetooth headphones to stream content. AirPods is one of the most popular headphones created by Apple that supports various devices, including Firestick. One drawback of Airpods is that there is no built-in volume control option. Here are the simple steps to connect Airpods to Firestick and adjust the volume of AirPods
Can you Pair AirPods with a Firestick?
Yes, you can pair Apple Airpods with your Firestick. As the Firestick supports pairing with Bluetooth headphones, you can easily connect your Apple AirPods, and the steps are similar. But to access and adjust volume, you must install the Precise Volume app on Firestick.
How to Connect AirPods to Firestick / Fire TV
1. Open the Airpods case (with Airpods inside)
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
2. Press and hold the button on the back of the case until white light flashes
3. Now go to Firestick Settings.
4. Select Controller and Bluetooth Devices.
5. Then select Other Bluetooth Devices.
6. Select Add Bluetooth Devices.
7. Wait for the Firestick to detect your Airpods.
8. Once detected, select your Airpods to finish the pairing.
How to Control the Volume of Airpods in Firestick
Until an update in 2021, users could not control the volume of AirPods with a Firestick remote. If your Firestick is updated to the latest software, you might be able to control the volume with the volume controls of your Firestick remote.
There is Firestick Lite with no volume control on the Remote. For devices like that, you need to sideload the Precise Volume app and Mouse Toggle app to control the volume of Airpods on Firestick.
1. To sideload those apps, download the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. Go to Firestick Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install unknown apps >> Select Downloader >> Turn it On.
3. Now open the Downloader app and select Allow.
4. Click Ok.
5. Select the Search bar and type the URL https://apkdone.com/precise-volume/ and Click Go.
6. Select the Download APK button to download the Precise Volume APK.
7. Once the download is over, click INSTALL
8. After the installation, select OPEN.
9. Select Delete twice to delete the APK File.
How to Use Precise Volume to Control Airpods Volume on Firestick
The Precise Volume is not optimized to work on Firestick. You can use the Firestick Remote to adjust at a certain level. To precisely adjust the volume, you must connect a mouse to a Firestick or sideload the Mouse Toggle app on your Firestick.
1. Open the Downloader app again.
2. Select the search bar.
3. Type the URL https://apkfun.com/Mouse-Toggle-for-Fire-TV.html and Click Go.
4. Select the Download APK now button to download Mouse ToggleAPK.
5. Once the download is over, click INSTALL
6. After the installation, select DONE.
7. Select Delete twice to delete the APK File.
8. Now enable the Enable mouse service and Auto start the mouse service on the device start-up options.
9. Enable ADB Debugging.
10. To activate the mouse switch on any screen, just double-click the play button.
11. Now go back to Precise Volume.
12. Use the mouse pointer to adjust the volume now.
This might look too complex, but it is the only method to adjust the volume if your Firestick doesn’t have native support or volume control buttons on the remote to control volume.
What to do if AirPods are Not Connecting with Firestick?
If your AirPods are not connecting to Firestick,
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged enough.
- Check if other Bluetooth devices are connected to the Firestick device and if connected, make sure to disconnect it.
- Restart the Airpods.
- Unpair the AirPods and pair them again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings >> Remotes & Bluetooth Devices >> Other Bluetooth Devices >> Highlight your Airpods >> Press Select button on remote >> disconnect your headphones.
There is a hack in which you can connect your AirPods to a smartphone, adjust the volume and then connect it back to Firestick. There is little to no proof of whether this hack works.