Vudu is one of the streaming services that you can install on Firestick to watch plenty of titles with or without a fee. Unlike Netflix and Amazon Prime, you don’t need to purchase monthly or yearly subscription packages. Instead, you need to pay for the movie or TV show that you want to own or rent. The purchase will be made through the Amazon account linked to the Firestick.
Vudu is region-specific and cannot be accessed in some countries. In that situation, it can be sideloaded with the help of the Downloader app. This article will explain all the possible ways to stream the Vudu content on your device.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
How to Download Vudu on Firestick
1. Turn On your Fire TV/Stick and move on to its home page.
2. Connect the Firestick to WIFI and select the Find icon.
3. Select the Search bar and enter Vudu using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
4. Locate and open the official Vudu app from the search result.
5. Hit the Get/Download button to include the app on your Firestick app’s list.
6. After installing, click Open to launch the app on Firestick and proceed with the activation process.
How to Activate Vudu on Firestick
1. Open the Vudu app on your Fire TV Stick.
2. You will see an activation code. Make a note of it.
3. On your smartphone or PC, go to the Vudu activation website (http://vudu.com/start).
4. Key in the activation code and click login to enter the Vudu account credentials.
5. Finally, play your desired content of the Vudu app on your Firestick.
How to Sideload Vudu on Firestick / Fire TV
If you reside outside the US, you cannot download the Vudu app directly from the Amazon App Store. You can sideload it using the Downloader.
1. Run the Downloader app on Firestick and click the Home tab from the left pane.
FYI: Enable the Install Unknown Apps option to sideload the app on Firestick. To enable it, go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Downloader.
2. Input the APK URL of the Vudu (https://urlsrt.io/Vudu) app and click the Go button to download the APK file
3. Open the APK file and click the Install button to add the app to your Fire TV/Stick.
4. Now, open a VPN on your Firestick and connect to the US server.
5. After connecting to the US server, go to the Apps section on your device and launch the Vudu app.
5. Login with your credentials and stream your desired content.
How to Stream Vudu on Firestick Using Silk Browser
If you can’t install the Vudu app on your Firestick due to storage issues, you can access any browser on your Firestick to stream the content online.
1. Download the Silk Browser on Firestick and tap the search bar.
2. Enter www.vudu.com using the on-screen keyboard and log in with your account.
3. Locate and select your desired content.
4. Hit the Play button to watch Disney Plus content on Firestick using the Slik browser.
The Vudu app might not work on Firestick due to an improper internet connection. So check whether Firestick is connected properly to your TV and WiFi router.
Yes. Vudu is completely free to install. But you have to rent or buy the selected title for streaming.