Uranus addon is one of the most recognized addons to bring quality links on Kodi. This addon is the fork of Elysium and Neptune Rising Kodi addons. It is a multi-purpose add-on, and you can stream movies, TV, IMDB, etc. Uranus features lots of high-quality links and is one of the best Kodi addons to use. It has an easy interface, and you will get a buffer-free streaming experience. Moreover, the Uranus add-on brings you an updated collection of TV shows and movies. You can integrate the Uranus addon with the Real-Debrid or Trakt account to access more content.
Note: Uranus addon works on most Kodi-compatible devices like Firestick, Android TV, Nvidia Shield, Android Phone, Windows PC, and Mac PC.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
How to Download Uranus Kodi Addon
Uranus addon is a third-party addon, so it cannot be downloaded from the official Kodi Addon Repository. The below section covers the fundamental steps to installing the Uranus addon on the Kodi device from the cy4root repository.
The preliminary requirement you should carry out before installing the Uranus build on Kodi is as follows.
1. Open the Kodi app and navigate to select Settings or Gear on the home screen.
2. Choose the System Settings tile on the settings screen.
3. Click Add-ons on the left sidebar. Select the Unknown Sources slider to turn it On.
4. If you see a warning prompt on the screen, choose Yes to proceed.
How to Add Repo Source of Uranus Kodi Addon
It is important to add the Uranus addon’s repo source to Kodi to install it.
1. Get back to the Kodi Settings screen and click on the File Manager tile.
2. Choose Add Source option either from the left or right side.
3. Select the <None> option on the dialog box that appears.
4. Enter the Uranus repo source URL using the screen keyboard, such as https://cy4root2.github.io/zip. Press OK.
5. Now, provide the name of the source as cy4root on the respective field. Click OK.
How to Get Uranus Kodi Addon using cy4root Repository
Upon adding the source, you shall install the Uranus Kodi addon on your device.
1. Get back to the Kodi home screen and click on the Add-ons option.
2. Select the Package Installer available at the top left.
3. Choose the Install from the zip file menu to proceed.
4. Scroll to select the source name you have entered earlier. i.e., cy4root.
5. On the dialog box that appears, choose the latest version of the cy4root zip file to install it.
6. If it completes the installation, you will get the cy4root repository addon installed message on the top right.
7. With this, select the Install from repository option.
8. Click on the cy4root Repository on the list of available repositories.
9. Go ahead to tap on the Video add-ons option.
10. Select Uranus on the window that appears.
11. On the installation screen, navigate to click on the Install button.
12. If prompted to install additional addons, select OK.
13. When you see the Uranus addon installed notification, you can launch and access it.
Do you need a VPN to stream on Kodi?
It is a must to use a VPN for streaming on Kodi. Kodi is completely legal to use, but not all the addons are. Sometimes, users even get a legal notice for streaming copyright contents through unofficial addons. By using VPN, you can stream all the contents safely. You can also stream geo-restricted content without any limits. Here are the list of some best VPNs for Kodi
Uranus addon is the best with a user-friendly interface that comes with different categories like Movies, TV, My TV Shows, Top Movies, My Movies, Playlist, IMDB User Lists, Critters Corner, Tools, Search, etc.
Yes, you can install and stream the Uranus addon on Firestick using Kodi Media Player.
Uranus addon is completely free to use.