UFC is the best place to watch combat sports on Firestick. It allows you to stream the trending boxing matches after getting a UFC Fight Pass subscription. But, it cannot be used to stream the UFC 289 on Firestick. Because UFC 289 is a paper-view event available through ESPN+, so you need an ESPN+ subscription to watch it.
In this event, some of the best fighters like Amanda Nunes, Dan Ige, Mike Malott, Nate Landwehr, Blake Bilder, and many more are about to participate. The UFC 289 PPV event is going to happen on June 10, 2023. It contains 13 matches in total that have been split up into 3 cards such as Main Card, Preliminary Card, and Early Preliminary Card. Each Card consists of four to five categories like Women’s Bantamweight, Lightweight, Welterweight, Featherweight, Middleweight, Lightweight, and many more.
Note – The following installation guide is also applicable to the Smart TVs running on Fire OS.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
How to Subscribe to ESPN+
Since ESPN+ requires a user account to stream the content and manage watching history, create a user account before installing the app. Currently, ESPN+ offers two different subscription plans.
Note: The UFC PPV event cost $79.99/event in addition to the actual subscription cost. If you are a first-time subscriber, you must purchase ESPN+ along with UFC PPV for $124.98 in total.
1. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC and visit ESPN+’s website[plus.espn.com].
2. Click Subscribe to ESPN+ Only button from the home page.
3. After that, enter your email id and password and create an account.
4. Now, choose a subscription cost that you are comfortable with.
5. Select the payment method and enter the required details.
6. Once done, hit Agree & Subscribe and complete the process.
How to Install ESPN+ on Firestick
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect it to a standard internet connection.
2. On the home screen, navigate to the Find → Search menu.
3. Search for ESPN+ with the help of a keyboard displayed on the screen. You can also use the Alexa voice assistant support if it is compatible with your device.
4. Select the app and tap on the Get or Download icon.
5. Wait for the ESPN+ to install on Firestick and click on the Open icon once it is installed.
Activate ESPN+ on Firestick
1. Launch the ESPN+ and tap on the Login option to get an activation code will be displayed.
2. Note it down and visit the ESPN+ activation website[espn.com/activate]
3. Enter the activation code and hit Continue. If you’re logged out, enter your account credentials to proceed further.
4. After that, ESPN+ will be activated on your Firestick, and you can start watching the UFC 289 on Firestick.
How to Watch ESPN+ on Firestick Using Silk Browser
ESPN+ is also accessible through the web version. Since Firestick supports Silk Browser natively, you can use it to watch the web version of ESPN+.
1. Launch the Silk Browser and head to the URL bar.
Note: If you haven’t installed the browser yet, install the Silk Browser of Firestick with the help of our guide.
2. Enter the official website of ESPN+ on the search bar and hit OK.
3. Once the website appears on your screen, enter the username and password.
4. After signing in, you can stream UFC 289 on Firestick.
How to Install ESPN+ Apk on Firestick Using Downloader App
If you can’t find ESPN+ natively on the Amazon Store, you need to sideload the apk file with the help of the Downloader app. Downloader is a simple tool that lets you install apps that aren’t available on Firestick.
1. Initially, install the Downloader app on Firestick. Move to the next step if you have already installed the Downloader app.
2. Return to the Firestick home page and enable the unknown source setting for the Downloader app. Without enabling this setting, you can’t sideload apps on Firestick via the Downloader app.
Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left panel.
4. Enter the URL of the ESPN+ apk and hit the Go button.
5. Wait for the ESPN+ apk file to download and then tap the Install button.
6. Launch the ESPN+ app and sign in with the required credentials.
7. Once done, start streaming the UFC 289 on FireTV.
How to Fix ESPN+ Not Working on Firestick
If you had issues while using ESPN+ on Firestick, use the following troubleshooting steps.
- Check whether your Firestick is connected to strong WiFi. If it is too slow, you will have buffering issues while streaming.
- Clear the Cache memory of ESPN+ on Firestick.
- Restart your Firestick, and it will fix all the temporary issues associated with the app and device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the ESPN+ app on your device.
- Make sure to update your Firestick to the latest version.
- If the issue is not fixed after trying out the possible solutions, reset your Firestick to the default settings and install the ESPN+ app again.
Can I Watch UFC 289 Using UFC Fight Pass?
The UFC Fight Pass can be used to watch UFC 289 previews & tiny clips, replays, UFC Live matches, etc. If you want to watch the UFC 289 full match, you must have an ESPN+ subscription.
The Nunes vs Aldana match start on June 10 at 10.00 pm ET / 3.00 am BST.
You can watch the UFC 289 PPV event through ESPN+.