SOPlayer or SO Player is a recently launched media player that uses IPTV technology to stream the media. But, SO Player is not a standalone TV app for Firestick. It means you can’t find a movie, TV show, or other media within the app. Instead, you need to purchase the IPTV subscription from the providers available online, and then you have to configure the login details in this Player to stream the media. Hence, the number of movies or the channels list entirely depends on the IPTV you’re purchasing. At the same time, you must remember that SO Player doesn’t support streaming the local files.
SO Player Features
Here are some of the exciting features of SOPlayer:
- Change the appearance of the player by selecting the dark theme.
- EPG support helps you to view the past, current and upcoming programs on all channels.
- The simple UI helps you to navigate the player with ease.
- Provide support to devices like iOS, iPhone, Fire TV, Android phone, other Android devices, Windows PC, etc.
- Go to channel section will help you to find your channel with ease.
- It offers Parental control features.
- You can set up scheduled recording and sleep timer.
How to Download SO Player on Firestick 4k?
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Before downloading the SO Player app, you need to modify a few changes in your Firestick settings. It is essential while sideloading third-party apps on Firestick.
Enable Access to the Downloader to Install Apps from Unknown Sources
You can follow the steps to enable the Downloader to install apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Open the Settings from your Firestick’s home screen.
2. Now, select My Fire TV from the Settings.
3. Choose Developer Options from the list of available options.
4. Now, select Apps from Unknown Sources. Next, enable it on.
Now you can use either the downloader app or ES File Explorer to sideload SO Player.
How to Get SO Player on Firestick using Downloader
You can follow the steps given below to sideload SO Player on Firestick.
1. Launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps and Games section.
2. Enter the SO Player APK File URL: https://bit.ly/34Qi7nA and click the Go button.
3. The SO Player APK File will start to download.
4. After downloading the APK File, click on the Install button.
5. Wait for the SO Player to install.
6. Finally, you have installed the SO Player for Amazon Firestick.
How to Sideload SO Player on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
Follow the steps below to Sideload ES File Explorer on Firestick.
1. Open the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
2. Click the Tools menu on the left-side panel and select Download Manager.
3. Click the +New icon located at the bottom menu bar.
4. Enter the SO Player download link in the Path field https://bit.ly/34Qi7nA and SO Player in the name field.
5. Next, Click on the Download Now button.
6. The SO Player APK File will download on your Firestick.
7. Once you download the SO Player app on Firestick, Click on Open File.
8. Now, click on the Install button to download SO Player on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
9. Click Done once the SO Player app is installed on your Firestick.
How to Use SO Player from the Home Screen
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick until you see a menu on-screen on your Firestick.
2. Select the Apps tab. Now, you will see all the installed apps on your Firestick.
3. Select the SO Player app and click on the Menu option.
4. Now, select the Move option on the right side of the screen.
5. Then, move the SO Player to the top list for easy access.
How to Setup SO Player on Firestick
Only installing the SO Player app on Firestick means nothing. You also need to set up the SO Player app. Also, note that you need an active subscription from an IPTV Provider to watch your favorites using the SO Player app.
1. Launch the SO Player app on Firestick
2. On the home screen, select USERNAME PASSWORD or PIN CODE.
3. Do the following if you select USERNAME PASSWORD: Enter your SO Player IPTV Provider ID.
4. Next, enter your SO Player account login details like Username and Password.
5. Then, click on Submit and login to SO Player.
6. If you have selected PIN CODE, enter your IPTV Provider name and Pin Code that you received from the IPTV provider. Next, click Submit.
7. Finally, you can stream the contents offered by your IPTV provider with the SO Player on Firestick.
How to Install a VPN and Access SO Player in Any Region
Safeguarding our privacy is the concern of the day because hacking our personal information is spotted all over the world. So, to ensure our safety while we connect to an internet connection, you need to connect to a VPN. At the same time, you can’t access the SO Player in all the regions of the world. But still, it is technically possible to access the SO Player in any part of the world by connecting to ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Go to the Find tab and select the Search icon.
2. Search for ExpressVPN using the on-screen keyboard.
3. All the search results will be shown under the Apps & Games section.
4. Pick the ExpressVPN from the Apps and Games section.
5. Click on the Download button to download and install the ExpressVPN on Firestick.
6. Next, launch the ExpressVPN and sign in with your subscription account.
7. Choose a US VPN server and click on the Connect button.
8. Now, launch the SO Player app and sign in with your IPTV subscription account.
9. Finally, you can access the IPTV content from any region in the world.
Best Alternatives for SO Player
If the SO Player is not working on your Firestick, you can try some of the other best IPTV Player for Firestick.
- Lime Player on Firestick
- Live Net TV on Firestick
- Cinema HD Apk on Firestick
- XCIPTV Player on Firestick
SO Player is an easy-to-access application. So, just enter your IPTV provider account credentials to watch thousands of channels for free. I must also include that the SO Player apk is a free IPTV Player. So, you don’t have to pay for any subscription to watch the SO Player IPTV content.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no official SO Player IPTV app for Firestick. But you can sideload the app to your Firestick.
You can put SO Player on Fire TV using Downloader and ES File Explorer.
Ensure that you have an active IPTV Provider subscription and restart the SO Player app. Also, make sure to update the latest SO Player version, and for further complaints, contact SO Player’s customer service number.
You can only get the Pin Codes from your IPTV service provider.
No, SO Player is still running with a lot of streaming content.
It is safe to say that SO Player is legal because it is available in the Google Play Store and the App Store. But there is no clarity about the copyrighted content streaming on it.
Uninstall the SO Player app and reinstall the latest version on Firestick.