RTE Player is a freemium video streaming platform from Ireland that offers movies, TV shows, sports, live TVs, and more. Some of the contents on the RTE Player are available for a short period of time due to agreement restrictions. If you sign in to RTE Player, it will give personal recommendations and pick up from where you left off. It also has Kids Mode to assist with Parental Control on Firestick. The RTE Player app is not yet available on the Amazon App Store. To install the RTE Player on Firestick, you need to sideload the app on Firestick using Downloader.
How to Get RTE Player on Firestick using Downloader
1. Get the Downloader app on your Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. Go to Firestick Settings → Tap My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install unknown apps → Enable Downloader.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
Sideload RTE Player on Firestick
1. Open the Downloader app and select the URL bar.
2. Type the RTE Player APK link in the URL box and click Go.
3. Once the download is complete, click INSTALL.
4. When the installation is over, click DONE.
5. Click the Delete option for the following two prompts to delete the RTE Player’s APK file.
Alternate Method to Stream RTE Player on Firestick using Silk Browser
If you don’t want to sideload the app using Downloader, you can access the RTE Player website on Firestick using Silk Browser.
1. Download the Amazon Silk Browser on Firestick if it is not pre-installed.
2. Open the Silk Browser and click the Search Bar.
3. Type the URL rte.ie/player/ and click Go.
4. Click the Login icon and sign in with your account.
5. Click the Home icon for the latest movies and video content.
6. In the Live section, you will get all the RTE’s live TV channels like RTE ONE, RTE News, RTE 2, and more.
7. To watch the RTE originals, go to the Box Set menu.
8. If you want to access kids-only content, click the Kids button on the top.
9. After selecting the video content, click the Play button to watch it.
How to Screen Mirror RTE Player on Firestick
Another alternative way to stream RTE Player on Firestick is to mirror the app. By enabling Display Mirroring on Firestick, you can screen mirror the RTE Player app from your smartphone.
1. Download the RTE Player on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
2. Go to Firestick Settings >> Display & Sounds and Enable Display Mirroring.
3. Connect your smartphone and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
4. Open the RTE Player on your Android device.
5. Select the Cast icon in the top-right corner.
6. Select your Firestick device from the available device list. If your Firestick device is not displayed, click the Cast icon from your smartphone’s notification panel.
7. Once connected, play any video content on the RTE Player app and stream it on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
Subscription for RTE Player
You can use the RTE Player for free without any content limitations. But, in the free account, you will get ads while streaming video titles. To get an ad-free experience, you need to buy the subscription from the respective apps store, which costs $8.99 per month.
Alternate Apps for RTE Player
If the content available in the RTE Player is not enough for you, you can try some of the below-mentioned alternatives.
ITV Hub is an online on-demand service that offers a variety of streaming content. With ITV Hub on Firestick, you can stream live TV, and TV shows and stream sports matches. All the content is available free of cost with ads. To get an ad-free experience, subscribe to iTV Hub Plus.
NOW is a subscription-based service that contains all the Sky Network Channels. Depending on the membership you choose, you get to stream on-demand movies, popular TV Shows, and Sky Sports channels in HD quality. You can install the NOW app on Firestick directly from the Amazon App Store.
BBC iPlayer is an official BBC app where you can stream content from different BBC channels. Having all BBC Channels means you can watch live TV, news, sports, music, TV shows, and more in the BBC iPlayer app. Get the BBC iPlayer app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the RTE Player is completely legal and safe to use.
You can stream RTE Player for free with certain limitations.