Did you recently install an unofficial Kodi build or Kodi addon? Then, you must face a lagging or freezing issue. And there are a lot of reasons and possibilities why your Kodi app is lagging. The reason may be mostly because you got malware injected with any recently added Kodi addons. If this is the issue, you must restart or reset Kodi to solve the issues.
We think that Kodi is the only software that doesn’t have built-in support to restart or reset the program. But we have a working trick to do both reset or restart processes, and it came out to be successful. Learn how to reset or restart the Kodi app player on any device with the help of an addon called Ares Wizard.
Why Restart Kodi?
- The performance of Kodi increases while restarting Kodi.
- In case of lagging, you can restart the app.
- If restarting doesn’t work, then you can do a factory reset to bring Kodi to the newly installed state.
- Malware or viruses can be removed if you reset Kodi.
- Delete all the cache files and free up the storage.
How to Restart Kodi
The Ares Wizard addon must be installed to reset or restart the Kodi app. To install the addon and then follow the required steps.
Alert! VPN Deal For Firestick Users!!
While streaming online, you are in a serious threat that Governments and ISPs could track your identity for streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content. So it's better to Hide your IP and your identity. It is strongly recommended to grab one of our Firestick VPN deals to have anonymous and safe streaming.
I strongly recommend NordVPN, one of the most popular and fastest VPN. It unblocks all the odds against streaming and ensures 100% security for you and your system. Get high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc using NordVPN as the VPNs are not only meant to be used by Kodi users. It is a must-have for the Firestick users too. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount on a 2-year plan.
1. Open Kodi and tap Addons in the left menu.
2. Go to Settings-> Unknown sources and tap Turn on in the popup.
3. Return to Kodi home and click the Settings icon in the upper left corner.
4. Then select File Manager and click Add source.
5. Click <None> and enter http://ares-repo.eu/ in the URL box.
6. Tap the OK button to close the dialog box.
7. Again, go back to Kodi’s home and go to Add-ons-> Package Installer-> Install from Zip File.
8. In the popup window, click Ares as the addon.
9. Select repository as repository.aresproject and repository.aresproject.zip.
10. Wait until you get a successful notification in the top right corner.
11. Select Install from Repository in the next screen.
12. Select Program Addons and then Ares Wizard.
13. In the Ares Wizard screen, tap the Install button.
14. Now, Ares Wizard addon will be installed.
Steps to Reset / Restart Kodi
1. Open the Ares Wizard addon from the My Add-ons tab.
2. In the Ares Wizard, go to the More tab in the main menu.
3. Click Erase all Data/Fresh Start button.
4. You will get an alert “This will erase all addons etc., from Kodi” just tap Yes to go to the next step.
5. Now, to Reset the Kodi player, select all the options as Yes in the dropdown.
6. And tap Proceed button to erase and reset the entire Kodi player.
7. To Restart the Kodi player, select all the options shown in the image below and click Proceed.
8. In the popup, click OK to close Kodi.
Related: How to reset Kodi on Windows
How to Restart Kodi on Firestick
It is very easy to reset Kodi on Firestick. And you only need to follow the steps below to do the same. And you just have to spare one minute of your time.
1. Select the Settings icon from your Fire TV’s home screen.
2. Next, select Applications.
3. Now, select Manage Installed Applications.
4. Then, from the list of installed applications, select the Kodi app.
5. Next, select Clear Cache and Clear Data option.
Now, you have successfully restarted the Kodi app on Firestick without installing the Ares Wizard. Now, the issues with your Kodi app will be fixed automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the Ares Wizard to reset your Kodi Build.
Yes, it is possible to reset the Kodi app.
You can restart the Kodi app to fix the freezing or lagging issues on Kodi.