Jellyfin is cloud storage that is used to store your media files and access them on different devices. All you need is to create a Jellyfin server and get access to the leading free-software system. Jellyfin is similar to Google Drive but you can get the app and access it for free. Using Jellyfin you can collect all your favorite movies with a beautiful collection of posters and collect the TV shows. The TV shows you collect will be organized by season automatically. Jellyfin is compatible with Android and iOS devices. So go with this article to know how to get Jellyfin on your Firestick.
Features of Jellyfin
 Collect and manage your favorite movies and TV shows easily.
Streaming without a VPN exposes your IP address, making you vulnerable to privacy breaches and hacker attacks. Without encryption, your online activities are more susceptible to monitoring by ISPs, snoopers, and the government. Lastly, accessing geo-restricted content may be impossible without a VPN, limiting your entertainment options. Hence, it is recommended to use a VPN.
Of all the available VPNs, I recommend NordVPN if you ever want to watch the desired movies, TV shows, or sports events on your Firestick without risking your privacy. NordVPN is the fastest and best VPN service provider with global coverage. You can now avail yourself of the New Year's deal of 67% off + 3 Months Extra of NordVPN to stay anonymous.
With NordVPN on Firestick, your internet traffic gets encrypted, so your IP and identity stay anonymous. You can stream the desired content while staying away from the government and other online intruders.
 You can create your playlist and listen to it on the go.
 Allows you to record live TV and add it to the media library.
 You can access the media files anywhere on Roku, Android, iOS, and Firestick.
How to Install Jellyfin on Firestick
Since Jellyfin is available on the Amazon App Store, you can directly download the app on your Firestick.
Quick Guide: Launch Firestick home screen >> select Find and click Search >> Type Jellyfin on Search >> Click Download >> tap Open to launch the app on Firestick.
1. Launch your Firestick Home screen by pressing the Home button on your Firestick remote.
2. Select Find and click the Search tile.
3. Type Jellyfin on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the app from the search results.
5. Click the Download button to install the app on your Firestick.
6. Once the app is installed, tap the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
How to Get Jellyfin on Firestick using Amazon Website
1. Go to the Amazon website page and sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
2. Search for Jellyfin and select the app from the suggestions.
3. Click Deliver to get the app.
4. Select your Fire TV device.
5. The app will automatically install on your Firestick within 24 hours.
Alternative Method to Get Jellyfin on Firestick
If you are unable to download the app directly on your Firestick you can sideload the app using the Downloader app on your Firestick.
1. Click the Settings icon on your Firestick home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV from the settings menu.
3. Tap the Developer Options.
4. Choose the Install unknown apps.
5. Turn on Downloader to sideload the Jellyfin app on your Firestick.
Install Downloader on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Firestick Home screen.
2. Select Find and click the Search tile.
3. Type Downloader on the search bar.
4. Pick the app and click the Download button.
5. After installing the app, launch the app by clicking the Open button.
How to Sideload Jellyfin on your Firestick Using Downloader
1. Navigate to the Apps section.
2. Select and open the Downloader app.
3. When you open the Downloader app a prompt message will appear on the screen.
4. Hit the Allow button to allow the Downloader app to access the files stored on your Firestick.
4. Tap the Home tab on the left pane.
5. Type the download link of the Jellyfin app in the URL field.
6. Click the Go button to download the apk file.
7. Once the apk file is downloaded, open the file and click the Install button.
8. Wait till the app is installed.
9. After installing the app, tap the Open button to launch the app.
10. Click the Delete button to delete the apk files permanently from your Firestick.
How to Setup Jellyfin on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Apps section on your Firestick.
2. Select the Jellyfin app from the list of available apps.
3. Press the Options button on your Firestick remote.
4. Select Move to front to launch the app on your Firestick home screen.
5. Once you open the app, click the Enter Manually tile under the Select Server option.
6. Type your Jellyfin Server address in the given field and click the Ok button.
7. After connecting to the Jellyfin server, choose the media file you want to stream on your Firestick.
8. Finally, you can stream the media files stored on your Jellyfin on the Firestick.
Best Alternatives for Jellyfin
If you are looking for the best alternatives for Jellyfish on Firestick, follow the list below.
Try any of the above methods to install and stream Jellyfin on your Firestick. Further, you can also store the media files on Google Drive and access them on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can download Jellyfin on your Firestick from the Amazon App Store and also use the Downloader app on your Firestick.
Yes, Jellyfin is free to download and access on your Firestick.
Yes, you can install and stream Jellyfin for free.